Quantcast

Yay for me! Singlespeed Bottlerocket!

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
Still waiting on my front brake and DH tires. Probably going to replace the seat, get a gold seatpost clamp and maybe throw some gold rims on there someday. Everything worked out very nicely with the drivetrain which was the one thing I was worried about. Oh, and it needs a cleaning, the guy I bought the frame from sent some Utah dirt with it at no charge:biggrin:.

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
It's at 33/16 right now and I have an 18t cog as well. 33/18 makes climbing much easier but spins out too fast so I'll stick with 33/16 and do some walking if I have to.

Jun 20, 2007
Looks great. I am a big fan of the ss freeride full suspenion idea. I built one too, an FSR with 5" front and rear and ss, it is a great bike.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Hey...umm... Have you cycled the suspension yet?? Curious to know if you'll have enough chain vs chain growth with that single pivot/single speed...

Also, impressions on the stem?? I had one ordered, they screwed the order up and I cancelled it all, now I'm going to order one again.

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
Oh yeah, took the spring out and ran the shock into the bump stop. Took out a link and re-adjusted the tensioner and there's still enough chain length. LOVE the stem, very nice piece.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
No kidding. Well that's awesome dude. I thought the BRs had a lot more chain growth. That's cool. Personally, I think you'll want some gears, especially when you're in the mood to rip. I can't ride my street rig to work because it's juuuust slightly too much downhill all the way there. Now, I only work like 12 blocks from my house, but it takes me 15 minutes to get there cuz I have to coast there. Just a little too fast to pedal. Usually gotta hit the skids and sprint for a few seconds to get goin, then I just spin out. But it only takes me like 3 minutes to get home cuz it's uphill and I can kick it in all the way home. This year I'm gonna either throw some slicks on the fully or some gears on the HT! Both are an equal sin...

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
The chain growth is much less than I would've expected. Yeah, I can see adding gears down the road but I really don't want to. I don't mind coasting DH and I just ride for fun and IMO gears aren't much fun. Too much maintenance and sh!t that breaks. I really wish Profile would make a MTB version of their 3 speed BMX hub. Having a 33t up front with 14,16,18 in the back would be so great. At that point though you might as well just throw a cassette on there and be done with it.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Chainstay growth it pretty minimal. I measured mine at something like .2", if I remember correctly.

Sweet looking bike. Enjoy. BRs are ridiculously fun.

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
WOW! :clapping: If I every do throw gears on the BR I will absolutely be putting that on there. I just don't see the need for 8 or 9 speeds where the first three (smallest) are so closely spaced. That Profile hub is beautiful too.

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
Chainstay growth it pretty minimal. I measured mine at something like .2", if I remember correctly.

Sweet looking bike. Enjoy. BRs are ridiculously fun.
Thanks, I've only ridden it around a little bit and I am amazed how "in control" I feel and how easy it is to throw around and maneuver. We just got dumped on with snow the past couple of days so I won't be riding much for at least a few days :plthumbsdown:.