Quantcast

YAY its SUNDAY

pbskis14

Chimp
Apr 24, 2003
Come in today..........19" Sunday Team. After a quick build I noticed there was some play in rear. After further inspection and makin sure everything was snug, it feels like the bottom of the shock is still loose. I gotta call IH and find out what to do... any suggestions??

Other than that this rid is SWEET..........pedals like a dream! Cant wait to bring it to Pkill for the second race. All it was to do it go fasttt.... The welds and craftman ship is excellent TOO!

Oh yeah.... any one else under the impression the team was coming with El-Caminos??

Here are some pics:

yeah i know i gotta center the Bars....

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Tenacious Doug said:
That grey is a lot nicer in the flesh than in the pictures, I actually quite like that. Maybe its the light but it almost looks like its got a slight blue touch to it???
Kinda just looks like poor white balance on the camera... Look at the rotor color, it looks blue also.

Anyhow, the bike looks awesome - enjoy it!

Incubus

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
Boston, MA
Nice rig.

I don't think the el-caminos are available yet. Look like most every other new product from most every other manufacturer, where they were super-aggressive with the date in which they'd be able to supply the OE business.

pbskis14

Chimp
Apr 24, 2003
Yeah the camera must be off because its definatly grey....... I like the seat a lot, the bars dont have enough rise for me and the boxxer has to get broken in. Right now it makes a click noise when its about 3 inches into the travel. Sounds like the spring is hitting somthing........

J

J5ive

Wheres your brakes???!!!! I would be soo pissed. I rode a pait of el caminos today and they kick the arse of mags. Thats plain theft right there. COMPLAIN your arse off.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
J5ive said:
Wheres your brakes???!!!! I would be soo pissed. I rode a pait of el caminos today and they kick the arse of mags. Thats plain theft right there. COMPLAIN your arse off.
Most catalogs or websites have a disclaimer that specs can change at any time. Would you guys rather have to wait for your complete bike? Or get a bike with brakes that are available. Its not like they Downgraded you to cable DIE-techs or something.....

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
The Caminoes arent out to most manufacturers yet ( guessing, Norco has 'em) but the BFL/MAG combo is a sick brake...

bansheefr

Monkey
Dec 27, 2004
yeah i live in Middlebury CT............. I was readin up about the Boxxer, I gues there is a sponge like ring that keeps puting oil on the stantions r somthin.

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
I got my MK III early last week.
After I got it mostly built (headset, forks, wheels) I found a bit of play in the lower shock mount. Bolts were tight so I brought it back to the shop where I bought it. They said that on every Sunday they had recieved they had the same problem and had to grind the spacer down or something.
I was distracted talking to the owner and another guy but could hear the grinding wheel going in the back room. In about 5 minutes the mechanic brought the bike out and play was mostly gone, but not completely. I didn't really pay attention to what they did exactly, but If you don't get the info you need from IH I could call and ask him exactly what they did.
The owner was goin to talk to the IH rep and find out what the story was on the bushings.

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
trailhacker said:
After I got it mostly built (headset, forks, wheels) I found a bit of play in the lower shock mount. Bolts were tight so I brought it back to the shop where I bought it. They said that on every Sunday they had recieved they had the same problem and had to grind the spacer down or something.
I was distracted talking to the owner and another guy but could hear the grinding wheel going in the back room. In about 5 minutes the mechanic brought the bike out and play was mostly gone, but not completely. I didn't really pay attention to what they did exactly, but If you don't get the info you need from IH I could call and ask him exactly what they did.
The owner was goin to talk to the IH rep and find out what the story was on the bushings.
Yeh, there is something wack going on with the bearings and linkage plates that requires some modifications.

The first batch of ironhorses in Australia and new zealand had problems with the frame ovalising around the bearings due to some probs with the bearings being the incorrect tolerances. The frames linkage plates were also rubbing on the frame in various locations.

Iron horse started shipping new bearings and modified linkage plates with the ironhorses and dealer are suppsoed to fit them prior to leaving the shop but from what i can gather they are still having issues.

The SGS fromn last year also had problems with it being loose between the shock and the frame. Maybe this is just a trait of iron horses that DW designed in to make them faster some how ;)

It's funny that neither DW or SKA todd chip into ANY of these threads and let people know what the hell is going on. Im sure it will be a sweet bike once the first year bugs are worked out.

danielbender

Monkey
Sep 21, 2004
Brazil
I just bought mine from GO-Ride

And i can not belive that a company like IH will put some products to sell in bad conditions!!

I hope that the Sunday's are 100% ready to rock and roll!

And to put a final point in this kind of threads it will be nice the guys from IH or DW talk about it!!!

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
All of the Sunday complete bikes went to Kenisis USA to have the bearing problem taken care of before they shipped out. That is one of the big reasons it took so long for the bikes to ship out.

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
Salami said:
All of the Sunday complete bikes went to Kenisis USA to have the bearing problem taken care of before they shipped out. That is one of the big reasons it took so long for the bikes to ship out.
is kinesis shipping them out to riders if they ordered directly from IH??

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Cave Dweller said:
Yeh, there is something wack going on with the bearings and linkage plates that requires some modifications.

The first batch of ironhorses in Australia and new zealand had problems with the frame ovalising around the bearings due to some probs with the bearings being the incorrect tolerances. .

Iron horse started shipping new bearings and modified linkage plates with the ironhorses and dealer are suppsoed to fit them prior to leaving the shop but from what i can gather they are still having issues.
I think that they are alread in on the US SUndays. That is why there was that wait.

pbskis14

Chimp
Apr 24, 2003
Yeah...............talked to IH today. I gues Progressive made the bushings slightly over boured. So they are making new bushing that should be ready in a month or somthin. That will take care of the play in the rear suspension. Hayes could not keep up with the demand for the El Camenos so I gues the teams are coming with Mags for the rest of the year. No sure about the WC.

Pete

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
trailhacker said:
TH,
You have another bike! :rolleyes: :cool:

You are going to need to move into a bigger house....;)