Quantcast

Yea! We won the war ;)

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
Wow-- Saddam may become irrellevant before we even fire at anybody, or shortly there after. Woo-Hoo!

Anyway, this reminds me of a crazy story I heard on NPR a few weeks back. This guy has a book out now, it's his "diary" or whatever from Gulf War V.1. He worked with another guy or two as snipers and/or sight/surveyors (the people that say over the radio, "enemy positioned at 1000 clicks east" with their high powered binocs).

He witnessed a case of friendly fire-- he saw up to 5 water trucks and humvees get hit by our tanks a few hundred feet away.

The biggest whopper was where he was sighting the air-controller tower at an Iraqi base (with his rifle). I don't know if he said this over the radio, but his plan was to shoot the commanding officer in the head and his buddy would hit one or two more (all the soldiers looked scared), then hopefully they'd all surrender. He radio-d his CO and the guy said something like "No, we've got to give these boys something to do......"

So they hit the base with a diasy cutter or two.

Later, they were checking out the damage-- said most of the guys looked like they'd been hit in the head, lots of head wounds.