Yeah!!!! My EX 823's just came in!!!!!!

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Originally posted by zedro
Go-Rides shipping my set tomorrow:)
You're still going through with that??

What about your plans for your rear shock??? Hmmmmmmm...I might have an idea for you. I'll PM you about it.

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
Now I get to build up a set with some CK hubs:D
Did you order spares/replacements for the near future as well? lol

No Hope hubs? Isn't that blasphemy to you? ;)

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Originally posted by Bulldog

Brian seems to have his priorities set right, the CKs are better and more bling, hence why hes getting them over hopes, or atleast thats why i did.

And zedro, my thoughts on the EX823s, mine has somewhere between 5-6 flatspots in it. My plan is to ride the thing till it snaps into pieces, no need to order extras, go-ride is just a call away :thumb: All i gotta say is good luck, your bike is even heavier than mine, and your shock is probably less plush

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Originally posted by ViolentVolante
And zedro, my thoughts on the EX823s, mine has somewhere between 5-6 flatspots in it. My plan is to ride the thing till it snaps into pieces, no need to order extras, go-ride is just a call away :thumb: All i gotta say is good luck, your bike is even heavier than mine, and your shock is probably less plush
bah, all this doom and gloom over them...i'll be fine. I'm not hard on stuff anyways, seeing as i'm such a finess rider....:rolleyes: :D

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
Now I get to build up a set with some CK hubs:D
does your karp use a standard qr rear hub? or are you gonna get ghetto will a drill press like v.v.?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by Fulton
does your karp use a standard qr rear hub? or are you gonna get ghetto will a drill press like v.v.?
Its QR, but I got the heavy duty axle with Fun Bolts. Actually the opening for the fun bolts is about 11mm, Looks like it would be easy to drill out, if someone was daring besides V V.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by Bulldog

I know, I just built a set of 823's with Hope Big Un's, which are in great shape still, however since its a 5 bolt rotor it doesn't work that well with the M6 caliper, so I desided to try CK's (Plus getting them for EP didn't hurt either:p ):D

dlb

Monkey
Apr 15, 2004
socal
Wanting to build up some nice wheels, do you think the 823's are to much rim for a 6" trailbike? If so, what would be the next choice?

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Originally posted by zedro
bah, all this doom and gloom over them...i'll be fine. I'm not hard on stuff anyways, seeing as i'm such a finess rider....:rolleyes: :D
I ran a set for a year, including 2 weeks doing some proper rocky DH out in the Alps and got no flatspots.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Its QR, but I got the heavy duty axle with Fun Bolts. Actually the opening for the fun bolts is about 11mm, Looks like it would be easy to drill out, if someone was daring besides V V.
I drilled out the standard QR hub, that was alot of material.

Oct 1, 2001
Michigan
I just had a set of 823's built on Kings - unbelievable set up. Light, strong....I'll give it a month or so before I claim "durable" but so far, it's by far the nicest wheelset I've ever owned.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by Wallstreetbiker
I just had a set of 823's built on Kings - unbelievable set up. Light, strong....I'll give it a month or so before I claim "durable" but so far, it's by far the nicest wheelset I've ever owned.
Hopefully you'll have good luck with them.