Quantcast

Yeah so...WTF does a Vice President do anyway?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I mean, yeah, he has that one job where he sits in the big chair in front of everyone :rolleyes:, and if the president dies, he gets put in charge...but in the meantime...does it really even matter? So Edwards got selected to stand around and look nice? Who cares?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Serial Midget said:
Just going on our current VP I would say conduct secret meetings with undisclosed leaders of industry...
If theyre so secret...how'd you find out about them?

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
Serial Midget said:
Just going on our current VP I would say conduct secret meetings with undisclosed leaders of industry...
... and pocketing the rewards.

In the job description, the Veep presides over the Senate, like the Speaker presides over the House. Actually he doesn't have to, because the President Pro Tempore of the Senate usually does. But the Veep's vote is what breaks a deadlock in the Senate.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Historically they check out undisclosed locations, attends spelling bees, and most recently they need to be able to talk without moving their lips.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
BostonBullit said:
he watches the oval office door while the prez is getting his hummers....
awww, bb, what's the matter, can't defend this admin so you have to go back and bring up the previous one? :stosh:

btw, I was an independent up till last year, so saying "clinton was worse" doesn't really do it for me.