Quantcast

Yes, it's alive... GT IT-1

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
wow it looks very nice. time well tell, but if it holds up and doesn't break apart then GT could be one to something.

Who is that guy and how does he have one allready?

Jorgen

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Oslo, Norway
Yes, unfortunately it does. That's the only "bad" thing I can find on it.
Time will tell if it is crap...if you just don't like twisters you're out of luck so far :-)

Jorgen

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Oslo, Norway
Hehe, the dude got it this afternoon.
The official parkinglot-test is extremely important so the rest of us/you can start e-speculating :-)

OddArne

Chimp
Apr 12, 2002
Trondheim, Norway
Well, the parkinglot-test is important, as Jorgen says :) The pics were taken about 5 minutes after assembling the bike, so it would be too bad to just leave it standing there...

I will race the bike next weekend, and participate in a freeride event the weekend after that, so the bike will see some real world testing very soon!

The pics were taken simply to show the world that the bike is for real....

Polytics

Chimp
Mar 28, 2005
Vancouver, BC, Canadistan
Jorgen said:
Yes, unfortunately it does. That's the only "bad" thing I can find on it.
Time will tell if it is crap...if you just don't like twisters you're out of luck so far :-)

I'm willing to admit I may be wrong. But I'm 90% certain that Nexus 8 speed hubs will in fact work with any 8 speed shimano shifter.

EVRAC

Monkey
Jun 21, 2004
Port Coquitlam, B.C., Canada
Polytics said:
I'm willing to admit I may be wrong. But I'm 90% certain that Nexus 8 speed hubs will in fact work with any 8 speed shimano shifter.

Nope. It's closer to a sram 1:1 8 speed, but not quite.
There is a 2-button trigger shifter for nexus, but it's got a crappy 4-finger brake lever attached.

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Make sure you push down on the seat whilst standing next to the bike. Squeezing of the brakes isn't entirely necessary, but may help get an overall idea of the bikes build.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Looks pretty sweet!

I know that that one chain (going back to the rear hub) is under pretty good tension, but I still wonder if there is gonna be a lot of chain slap.

Jorgen

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Oslo, Norway
Translation:

First post:
Two pictures say more than two thousand words.

Second post:
Badass bike!
Can you say anything about it?

Third post by Trygve:

Got an update from Oddis(importer):
- Tried it in 7" mode an it felt "okei"
- put it in 9" and it felt like "The plushest ever"
- He thought it had to much sag to his liking(probably more than 30%), men it felt good, far better than his high expectations.

Weight is about 20kg, a bit more than 40lbs

It's likely to go into production in september or something.

That's about it...

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
blue said:
Why does Europe get all the cool bikes first?
I think because they love everything, they do not complain about much, are not as picky...so with a new bike you are better off to give it to someone that will just say "The bike is great". And in GT's case, they want to take care of the overseas dealers first since the USA dealers are too stubborn to give GT a chance.

The poster mentioned "show" the world??? The bike was at the otter, Lopes has had one for 4 months, The UK freerider guy has had one for a month-sorry dude, you are not the first to show the world.

Jorgen

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Oslo, Norway
I know...but could you be less enthusiastic?

I kind of think it's a bit different seeing Lopes on pro-only bike, even Chris Smith.
Seeing one, not being able to touch one, because it's so highly secret is totally different from getting one "open" to the public.

Also, we actually have ONE single pro in this country, so let us have our fun.

yeh, it's still a bike...and it's not a Turner :-) But I really like what GT is doing after alot of years of weird stuff, especially in the head offices.

OddArne

Chimp
Apr 12, 2002
Trondheim, Norway
Well, some people are difficult to excite :) I like being excited, makes life kind of fun! I know that those are not the first pictures, and not the first bike either. I don't really care too much about that... I will use the word "new-ish" if that is more appropriate.

Some riders will get to touch and possibly test ride this bike at several events in Norway this summer... and probably at Mountain Mayhem in Åre (Sweden) in the end of July. At least some touching and drooling before the bike hits the shops. Those who don't care, I am sure you can have more fun with other stuff. Let the rest of us have our fun.. ;)

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM

hahaha. i have had that happen too!

those fixxed chain running can eat up

some stuff. trees, folage, fingers.........

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Jorgen said:
I know...but could you be less enthusiastic?

I kind of think it's a bit different seeing Lopes on pro-only bike, even Chris Smith.
Seeing one, not being able to touch one, because it's so highly secret is totally different from getting one "open" to the public.

Also, we actually have ONE single pro in this country, so let us have our fun.

yeh, it's still a bike...and it's not a Turner :-) But I really like what GT is doing after alot of years of weird stuff, especially in the head offices.
What the hell are you talking about, I was a part of this project so I am very excited about the bike, simply replying to your 'first to show the world' attitude, that bike has been floating around ride money forums for a few months, so relax.
Be as excited as you want, its all good, but dont tell the RM members that they are the first to see it.
Anyway, quit riding the web and the stairs and go give that bike a true test.

Jorgen

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Oslo, Norway
Sorry, dude.

I know it's not THE first to show.
I just think it's a abit different to show someone the bike outside of the "pro-circuit". I mean, it's not the firste times pros have had a "new" bike for a long time before the public know about it.

I think things have come a long way when you can show a picture of a production-ready bike, than when a pro is showing it :-)

Anywho...I still ride my Turner, but I will be sure to get a "real" testride of this one when time(and owner) allows it.

Bullit21

Monkey
May 14, 2003
Socal
Jorgen and Co.

I want to commend you guys on your ability to write very well in English. I am always impressed at how folks in Europe are able to have a command of so many languages. Try to get anyone on this site to write in Norwegian:). Keep up the good posting.