Quantcast

Yet another teaser

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
I was lucky to get an invite to a little philly film festival b/c the organizer like zip line footage and he needed a intro/teaser (www.bigbangfilmfestival.com). Last year I did a little zip line stuff for don on the seven vision's dvd. that footage won't make it to the internet, but if you want to see all of it and help me raise some funds for more tape and dvds, just shoot me a pm and I'll sell you a copy of my stuff for 5$ or sell you a copy of seven visions and my stuff for $20- i'll even pay postage.

Please save as ~ 50mb
www.spinteck.com/webvids/spinteck_preview.wmv

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
That's an awesome teaser, I liked how colorful everything was and how many different settings there were.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Thanks guys for the whole two comments.

The settings of east coast and desert are super contrasts. I love the desert, but that's probably because I grew up on the east coast. If I lived in the desert, I'd probably want the woods.

for those who revisit this thread, some things I learned about shooting for colors and such is

1 obviously shoot wide, but i personally never go fisheye wide
2 polarizer filter
3 neutral light density filter.
4 rule of thirds (look it up if you never heard of it)
5 shoot during the 2 golden hours of the day.
6 always think smooth/slow movements and aim for the head when the entire bike won't fit in during jump shots.
7 when you turn your camera on initially, point it at something white (bring your own paper) in the shade, the final digital shot will have a better/softer light.

If anyone has anymore tips, feel free to derail them in this thread.

Jensen

Monkey
Apr 30, 2007
UC/SLO,ca
niceeee man. love how you have both extremes of riding from east coast techy woods to flat out desert on the KTM. what song is that?

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Awesome use of cablecams. For the shots similar to the Drift movies, is it just pvc and a helmet cam?

I used a pvc pipe, but I don't reccomend it b/c it's a little heavy. Next one I make will use bamboo, like a ski marker. Don't forget you need some length (1foot or so) hanging off the back with some weight to counter weight the front.

Also, be careful how you attach the pole to the helmet b/c in the event of a bad crash, you want the pipe to fail for come off the helmet before you break your neck.

I personally would like to see more guys rigging their own cable lines-it's actually pretty easy and fun once you get the hang of it.

I'll get back to you on name of the song, it's an black lab album, shiny toys or something.