Quantcast

%!% Yetanother.day %!%

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Do you have an RSD Mayor? Any reason to not get one?

Having trouble finding a cheap wheel for my fat bike, which will probably break anyways....
I do. It's a great bike. But it's one of those bulky fatbike. Coming from a 29lbs fatbike I'm still not sure it's the right bike for me. If I had some funds I'd probably get a Blizzard C30 or C50. Also not convinced about needing a fork.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Final process of unplugging to be finished today. I need to spend an unknown amount of time on the phone with Comcast in the process...

Girls are going to see Annie the musical this afternoon.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I do. It's a great bike. But it's one of those bulky fatbike. Coming from a 29lbs fatbike I'm still not sure it's the right bike for me. If I had some funds I'd probably get a Blizzard C30 or C50. Also not convinced about needing a fork.
Bulky as in heavy?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Having trouble finding a cheap wheel for my fat bike, which will probably break anyways....
Fezzari Kings Peak would probably be my first choice if my Wozo failed.

Single degrees freedum outside this morning. Snowed all day yesterday, but only totaled about 4" of accumulation.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Photographer is here Tuesday to shoot the house. So I am in full swing making it look good. Big job in the basement. I think 90% of the stuff down there will never be used or looked at. I call the basement death row as only a few things make it out alive when the governor makes a call besides my bike gear and tools of course.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hmm. I messaged Alex at RSD and I don’t think he'd make a deal on a frame and wheels.

Now kind of looking at an aluminum Blizzard. Going to email Rocky and see if they can offer any discount, after I complain about blowing through 3 hubs due to their poor choice of rear hub standard (i wont word it like that... :rofl: ). Maybe @rideit knows a guy who knows a guy?

Fezzari Kings Peak would probably be my first choice if my Wozo failed.

Single degrees freedum outside this morning. Snowed all day yesterday, but only totaled about 4" of accumulation.
Those look nice but man it's way over my budget of $0 :busted:

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005

Bikesdirect /Motobecane has fat wheels:

And/or they have two 13/17" scratch and dent bikes for sale for cheap @ $699

Too I have two 5-in wheels salvaged from my daughter's first fat bike whose frame was totaled when she got hit by a car, from her 1st Motobecane Boris...

I was going to mount studded snows but that shit is expensive

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hallo ppls

snau here as well. our family Annie outing was yesterday (not me! but I watched the movie version with snuffly Baby Aya).

shall moonlight some more here and there and make an Amazon returns run.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Bikesdirect /Motobecane has fat wheels:

And/or they have two 13/17" scratch and dent bikes for sale for cheap @ $699

Too I have two 5-in wheels salvaged from my daughter's first fat bike whose frame was totaled when she got hit by a car, from her 1st Motobecane Boris...

I was going to mount studded snows but that this is expensive
This is the problem, all those wheels are for 197mm through axle frames. My bike is from 2016/2017 and has an absolute shiiiiiit 190mm quick release rear axle that might as well be made of balsa wood.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I don’t know shit about fat bikes, but Teh Spousal Unit™ and I have RM Blizzards and they ride just fine. In fact, we got some snow yesterday so we’re gonna go ride them this morning. Booyah!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Wheel bearing replacement yesterday has turned into an impromptu brake job today. Damn thing took 2 hours of soaking it with lube and beating it ferociously. Rust had frozen it into the knuckle.

Of course the guy at the auto parts store gave me the wrong pads, so I needed two trips to the store to get what I needed. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Made a bunch of beef/elk jerky in an attempt to clean out the freezer. Damn, it's tasty!

My kiddos have recently discovered UNO and want to play 24/7.

I wish they would learn how to play rake the leaves and haul them to the leaf pile.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Photographer is here Tuesday to shoot the house. So I am in full swing making it look good. Big job in the basement. I think 90% of the stuff down there will never be used or looked at. I call the basement death row as only a few things make it out alive when the governor makes a call besides my bike gear and tools of course.
Soon in the "Zillow is lit" thread...... :D