Quantcast

Yeti 25th anniversary 303 DH

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Dear Yeti:
Stop making bikes I want. I can't afford to keep up with you.
Love,
Dirt

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
I like how they post the leverage rate and wheel path; I wish more companies would post this data on their bikes. The reality is one rarely gets to try DH bikes before buying them, having more information prior to making a purchase decisions is incredibly valuable.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I like how they post the leverage rate and wheel path; I wish more companies would post this data on their bikes. The reality is one rarely gets to try DH bikes before buying them, having more information prior to making a purchase decisions is incredibly valuable.
It's still won't stop every internet forum "engineer" with a pirated copy of Solidworks from spewing countless posts of worthless speculation. :thumb:

lumpygravy

Chimp
Sep 4, 2008
Am i missing something? i know it is a new yeti which is always good but isnt this just a single pivot with a linkage?

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
It's still won't stop every internet forum "engineer" with a pirated copy of Solidworks from spewing countless posts of worthless speculation. :thumb:
Gold. Love the look of the straight tubes and the old school paint. I wonder if it will have a sweet old style head tube badge to go along with it?

nolson450

Chimp
May 26, 2009
I love it, the paint scheme is incredible! Back in the day, the Yeti's with this color scheme were the baddest bikes you could dream of owning...

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
:thumb:That's a sick design. I love the bike. I've think I've seen Gwin & Joey testing on a similar frame that was Raw. I think most of Yeti's frames look better as a raw frame. It'd be sweet to see yeti's frames with the Yeti Colors as stripes or something on a raw frame. I would also rather see the bike with *different* components But stick with the Saint Cranks.:thumb:

I've been looking at buying the 303R for my next DH bike. Will this new frame replace the R model or will they offer them both for 2011?

How does the leverage ratio of the new model compare to the R model? In other words will both models have the same ride characteristics?

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
OMG Kashima coating one Gwinny's rear shock!!!!!!! A Fox guy told me that the benefitis are minimal on a rear shock vs the cost so it probably won''t go to production.

I've been looking at buying the 303R for my next DH bike. Will this new frame replace the R model or will they offer them both for 2011?

How does the leverage ratio of the new model compare to the R model? In other words will both models have the same ride characteristics?
The pivot location on the RDH mimics the DH about as close as you can with a single pivot. (or so yeti says at least) It sounds like the rate is a lil more progressive than the straight rate RDH. Possibly smoother at WC speeds but less poppy and playful perhaps?

No news whether they'll have 2 bikes for sale at 2 pricepoints next season. I could only guess that the new bike- if it goes to production- will be over $3000