Quantcast

Yeti 303R DH build completed

ekripper

Chimp
Jul 2, 2005
Salt Lake City, Utah
Well, I finished up my 303r dh build. Below is a quick run down of the build.

09 303rdh
09 fox 40's
09 Deemax wheels
09 Saint group
Sunline V1 bars, stem, saddle and grips
King headset
Thompson Elite post
e thirteen LG1+ 32-36t
White Straightline pedals

A huge thanks to the crew at Go-Ride for hooking me up with all the goodies and helping me finish up the build Thurs. If you are ever in SLC stop by Go-Ride and check it out. Great bunch of guys and they stock all the good stuff! Can't tell you how nice it is to have a local shop that carries top of the line down hill stuff. I plan on picking up an RC 4 and Ti spring next payday and I would like to build up another wheelset or two for some different tire combos in the next couple of months but that's pretty much it. Anyway, here are a couple of quick pics. Oh, and the all up weight came to 39lbs on the Go-Ride scale. Not bad for not doing a weight weenie build! Scott from Go-Ride should have his finished up by next week and his should be a bit lighter with the 2010 boxxer WC's, Gravity Light cranks, and possibly a bit lighter wheelset.

Attachments

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Great looking build, congrats on the new ride. Not a bad weight either. I gave the parts a little bit of thought and got it to 37.2lbs so it is easy to build this bike up light.

I love my team colors but the black is beautiful.

Have fun!

ekripper

Chimp
Jul 2, 2005
Salt Lake City, Utah
I was actually gonna do the team colors myself but they just had a complete one in the shop in team. Being the impatient person that I am I just bought the black because they had them on the wall. Lol.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
My next for sure.

Anyone thought of drilling a hole length wise down the rail to save some weight?
I'm not going to say that is a dumb idea but it is a dumb idea.

Buy a different part that saves some weight instead of hollowing out the rail and potentially weakening the rail so much that it cracks, shatters, etc and you are SCREWED.

Wait a season and Yeti might have the hollow rail that they have on the WC teams bikes for sale.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I saw a purdy green and white one a week ago in moab. Super nice bike. Had a Rock Shox Monarch on it. All blacked out. Bike was pimp.

i'm way jealous.