Quantcast

Yeti 4X: Comments?

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
I am really stoked on this frame and I wanted to know if anyone has ridden it. I know they are really pricey, super exclusive, and probably not available yet but you never know until you try.

Holla

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Awesome! We can let it live at Bigfoot or my house...... I got your message about over shooting the lander on the second double. Damn you and your skillz!

Yeti 4x :drool: :drool: :drool:

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
I've had the priveledge of riding that bike and I will tell you first hand that it is the sickest small travel bike I have ever ridden. Geometry is perfect on it!!!! Not to mention that it has the signature Yeti craftsmanship that makes the frame so ridiculously strong, it's incredible. Ross "the brute" Milan rode it all year last year and didn't do anything to it. It's sooooo sick!

I will tell you that I saw an add in MBA the other day that Cambria Bicycle outfitters will be getting a few. Seems like Adrenaline bikes was getting a couple too.

Less than 100 for the public so if you want one(which you do), get on it pretty fast.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Also, nothin' but respect for this bike from me... easily the coolest, nicest-riding full suspension 4X-oriented frame I've pedalled about. Well worth the price of admission.

DH9 headtube, surly-arse front end, big beefy box stays in the rear, this thing is MAD stiff. Geometry is dialed, very comfortable to ride, and feels at home going fast fast fast!

Hop on it quick though... like DH Blur says, there are less than 100 available to the public. Each one numbered, and hand-built in Golden Colorado.

Feel the love.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Thanks for the info. As much as I would love to own one I need to get into more 4x races to even appreciate such a steed.

Maybe Yeti will see the need to take the design into full production.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Mine will be in next week! I'm still waiting, but I will have it for the Cali trip.
T,
Yeah you dropped that on me the other day plus You and Doug have the skillz to handle such a steed. And that little will give you the quiver of quivers! (not that you don't already) I look forward to covetting your 4X.

I just placed an order to get a Dj since there's no reason to thrash my ASX.

Big Bear is supposed to be the debute of the new Yeti DH rig.

holla,

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Originally posted by UiUiUiUi
damn thats a steep bill! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ok so the only thing i can do is wait for the full production one.
$2499 USD is not a small amount of money, but this steed is SO worth it. And alas, a limited run of 100 available to the public may be as close to Yeti ever gets to 'full production'. Keep in mind, this is the first time EVER that a "special projects" frame has gone to market.

Ever.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Originally posted by Full Trucker
$2499 USD is not a small amount of money, but this steed is SO worth it. And alas, a limited run of 100 available to the public may be as close to Yeti ever gets to 'full production'. Keep in mind, this is the first time EVER that a "special projects" frame has gone to market.

Ever.

if i had the money lying around I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
my 6 year old nicolai is in need for retirement.

sadly i payed for my DH frame just yesterday and that was about the money i can spend on a bike this year. :(

dv8cam

Monkey
Dec 8, 2003
Originally posted by Full Trucker

Ever.
$1,900 through Helens in LA

Yeti-Freak

Chimp
May 3, 2002
Australia
I have an ex-team bike from last year.... I have loved thhis bike since i first saw them, luckily i knew there would be some making there way back to Australia, So i was able to pick up a complete for less than the price of a frame. I have only ridden it 3 or 4 times previous for about 1 min each time. I have only just got the bike, and in the process of swapping bit's. From what i know from this small amount of time, the bike takes no time to feel at home on, instantly i was making bigger doubles than i had on my HT (dont ask me how this works cause i dont know). I'm looking forwad to giving it a thrashing very soon. BTW 123bikes had them very cheap also. Once i have it built up how i want it i'll get some pictures.

Tim

dv8cam

Monkey
Dec 8, 2003
Originally posted by stoney98
in shop or internet. Yeti won't like to hear that.
Shop price quote. And F%$@ what Yeti & all other companies think about price setting! Does not help us, the riders.

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Originally posted by dv8cam
Shop price quote. And F%$@ what Yeti & all other companies think about price setting! Does not help us, the riders.
Cool, so when all the shops are in a price war and the good ones go out of business you can do all your shopping at Supergo. :rolleyes:

That being said, price setting is illegal (competition act).

dv8cam

Monkey
Dec 8, 2003
Originally posted by Fury
Cool, so when all the shops are in a price war and the good ones go out of business you can do all your shopping at Supergo. :rolleyes:

That being said, price setting is illegal (competition act).
The good ones are only the ones with the cheap prices. I work on my own bikes or get a top mechanic to do it (for free). Gimme the cheapest place!!!!!

Since most companies drag ass when it comes to warranty time anyway, the small local won't be of any more use than a supergo.

By the way, any time I have needed a return, the different mail-order or internet shops I bought from came through with flying colors. They usually don't know jack about race equipment, but they do know customer service. They don't want to lose you as a customer.

And when I do buy from the small shops, it is only when they are willing to give me a price that is better than supergo's, etc. So it works. Let the best price win.

I thought price setting was illegal too, but most of the companies with desirable product practice it.