Quantcast

Yeti AS-X Pivots

buck

Chimp
Jan 26, 2003
poolesville/clemson for school
Hey I have an older Yeti AS-X before they got the 1.5 headtube and whatnot. There is some play in the swing link that connects to the rear shock. I went and tightened all the pivots, none were loose, but there is still some play. I was wondering what should I do besides ordering a bearing/bushing kit from Yeti. Also it sqeaks when I compress the rear shock. I should be able to take it to a shop soon, but dont want to get talked into buying anything I dont need. Thanks. Ill try to get a picture put up of what Im talking about.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
word there is an updated link that is around a hundred bucks that should bolt right onto yours without any issues. if indeed you are talking about the oval shaped thing that connects the shock to the swingarm. i am riding an o3 as-x with the 04 linkage and most people i know have switched to it.

buck

Chimp
Jan 26, 2003
All right, Ill have to check that out. I saw a bearing/bushing hop up kit at Yeti for 50 bucks. There isnt much play, so I may wait awhile to save some money. I should be getting my new fork next week, so Ill be trying to get up to NC next weekend. Ill pm you or post something to get something together. Thanks.

buck

Chimp
Jan 26, 2003
I went to the Yeti site and looked at the link upgrade. Yeah it is the little peice that connects the shock to the swingarm. Is that the peice that will get replaced with the kit and do I need to order the tool with it too. Thanks.

yetifan

Chimp
Sep 20, 2004
think you'll find that part fits the 1.5 AS-X only.

I think you just need a few new bushings of bearings, your local bike shop should be able to get it done without buying the whole yeti deal for that $$

Andrew

www.yetifan.com

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
yetifan said:
think you'll find that part fits the 1.5 AS-X only.

I think you just need a few new bushings of bearings, your local bike shop should be able to get it done without buying the whole yeti deal for that $$

Andrew

www.yetifan.com
Not true.

The upgrade kit works on the older style ASXs as well. I have a 2001 that I upgraded and its much better now. The bushings were blow, but the newer link is a little longer and it makes the suspension ride slightly better in the 4" mode.