Quantcast

Yeti AS-X rear thru axle?

headkase

Chimp
Oct 5, 2005
I have an 05 asx and I am running the convertible azonic outlaw wheels that have the 12MM? thru axle. I know I won't get all the strength out of it due to the standard QR dropouts on the frame but is there a 12mm thru axle that is reduced on the ends to standard QR? Maybe just notched or something?

Any help would be appreciated.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I begged and begged the guys at Yeti to offer a thru-axle for the AS-X when I was at Interbike a few years ago. With that change, it would be the perfect freeride frame.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
Echo said:
I begged and begged the guys at Yeti to offer a thru-axle for the AS-X when I was at Interbike a few years ago. With that change, it would be the perfect freeride frame.
The real problem is how shallow the drop outs are. I've never seen drop outs so shallow on a FR bike.

They should be a U shape instead C shaped.

Oh well, the Atomlab bolt-on axle has solved all of that.

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
I have that Woodman Bill-Extrem Disc Hub $100 ;15mm axle factory slotted to fit 10mm reg. dropouts & it bolt's on with nuts..
Makes a big difference on any frame.Still have to grind dropouts a little to slip it in though !

headkase

Chimp
Oct 5, 2005
so my 05 AS-X that I bought 2 months ago ends up being an 03 as-x. The only reason I found out is when I went to order a new spring for the 5th element(that should have given it away) its was a 2.25 stroke, 77/8 eye to eye. Why god....