Quantcast

Yeti Cycles website update

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
the pics of the DJ are killer...ive only seen one e-tailer with one on their site and it looks like poop.

$645 isnt too bad for that bike, just need some specs

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
I'm pretty bummed they aren't making the 4x any more, that was a fun bike. The DJ looks rad though, hope they get numbers up on it and the 303r soon. Graphics look so good, clean and professional looking.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
So no more 4x and no more 303r?

Yeti, you're killing me!

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
i was liking the 2009 DJ, but the 1.1" longer TT on the 2010 is looking even better
Same here, I loved my 09 DJ long frame but the top tube length always annoyed me. I felt too small on everything that I rode.

I am excited for the 2010 frame and plan on a full week of breaking it on at Rays this winter.

JDA

Chimp
Feb 6, 2008
Sydney, Australia
below the photo of the bike it says "info"

From what I can see the new 303R has slightly higher BB, longer seat tube and slightly longer chainstays. Other changes are paint colour, RC4 rear shock and available with a tapered or non-tapered headtube.

Last edited:

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
below the photo of the bike it says "info"

From what I can see the new 303R has slightly higher BB, longer seat tube and slightly longer chainstays. Other changes are paint colour, RC4 rear shock and available with a tapered or non-tapered headtube.
Scroll down to find it.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Wow, they are trying wayyyy to hard on that website. Something simple to navigate would be a lot nicer than clever menus and pretty pictures.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I really like my original 303. It ****ing rocks. And when she gives me her final ride, I wanted another. Bastards in Colorado!

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
$2100 for the frame ain't too shabby. Adjustable head angle/bb with one bolt. Sag and bottom out indicators. Kinda cool.

I do find it odd that they're not offering the WC 303.

The ASR5 C would be a sweet trail bike.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
No ARC-X but still has the ARC and at a lower price. I will probably order a ARC soon and a ASR5 by spring.

slowitdown

Monkey
Mar 30, 2009
Wow, they are trying wayyyy to hard on that website. Something simple to navigate would be a lot nicer than clever menus and pretty pictures.
yep. annoying as hell. their web person should keep in mind the idea that just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do that thing.

Orfen

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
UP, michigan
My guess, 09 non tapered, 10 tapered.
in their FAQ they state:
"Some riders wanted a tapered head tube to allow use of a zerostack headset. This allows the ability to slighty lower the height of the front end. Specifically requested by our World Cup level riders."

can't you use zerostack with either HT configuration?

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Cane Creek says:
Zero Stack (ZS)
The Zero Stack design offers a low stack height and the security of bearing cups that are hidden inside the head tube. ZS cups are compatible only with specifically machined head tubes and cannot be retrofitted to an existing bike with Traditional headset cups.

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
basically the 1 1/8 303 R is the current model at a reduced price. The 1.5 tapered frame is still less than the 2009 model was.

They didn't feel the need to have a cyclocross frame in stock at all times. They'll probably make more when they feel there is demand.

Not sure about the 4X but probably the same deal. When they have a number of people dying for them they'll make more. That bike is super badass but did Graves ride one all year? That is the state of 4X right now.

Did they need to have the 303DH anymore? I betcha the WC guys will be on a new proto by spring anyway, possibly that 303 W (wheelpath rail) or whatever they'll call it, the proto that's floating around with the one rail down low going veriticaly.

Everything did go down in price though.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
I think they just rounded up instead of down this year. Printed on my bike it says the low bb height is 13.85 and the high is 14.35; so this year it's 13.9 to 14.4 instead of 13.8 to 14.3.
Head angle at its lowest setting went from 64 to 65. Maybe the geo did change. Wish it would have stayed the same.