Quantcast

Yeti DJ Geometry

j-posch

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
Sorry if this is in the wrong place. But a lot more people look in this section than the others and need a quick response. Been offered a good deal on a 07 yeti dj frame. I have rode one of these a while back, remembered I like it. According to the yeti site the newer 08 version remains unchanged. But I had a quick ride on one of these not so long ago and it felt different to the older one? Way lower standover, lighter and rode different. Never got a good feel for it as it was a brief ride. Anyone know if they changed geometry? according to yeti site it is a pound lighter.

Christiaan

Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
Weesp, The Netherlands
Are you sure you got offered a 2007 frame? 2006 was higer in the standover, and also has the possibilityto run V brake,s the 2007/2008 is disc only and alot lower. Also, look at the size, as there are long andshort frame,s that could also explain why it felt dfferent.

j-posch

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
Are you sure you got offered a 2007 frame? 2006 was higer in the standover, and also has the possibilityto run V brake,s the 2007/2008 is disc only and alot lower. Also, look at the size, as there are long andshort frame,s that could also explain why it felt dfferent.
Must be an 06. I thought the 06/07 were the same, so the the 07/08 are the same? All the frames I rode were small. Is it just standover and weight the difference between the 06 and newer model?