Quantcast

Yeti Goodness

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I've mentioned it a time or two in the past week, here is official proof. I got a new bike... a Yeti 575.

Details:
Race Disc Kit including Shimano XT cranks
XT thumb shifters
XTR rear derail
XT front derail
Hayes HFX Disc brakes with carbon levers
Fox Float RP3
Fox 130 RLC
Mavic Crossmax XL wheels
King Headset.

Game on.

J

JRB

Nice - I like the way it's in two places at once in the first pic.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
loco said:
Nice - I like the way it's in two places at once in the first pic.
Hehehe - no, that's a Yeti ASR in the background.

I have only ridden the 575 once so far, but it will get its chance in the spotlight tomorrow.:love:

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
I got my 575 in ano black last year and love it. Mine was the enduro kit, but I changed the wheels to Hadley hubs and Dt swiss rims and the think it's around 28 lbs.

J

JRB

SXtrailrider said:
What is the difference between XL and Sl Crossmax
XLs aren't quite the flexy turds that SLs are. Not that it would matter for Heidi.

*what is the scoop with the Dean??? Still got it??? Race bike still???

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
loco said:
*what is the scoop with the Dean??? Still got it??? Race bike still???

I still have my DEAN bikes. I am not going to be doing any serious racing this year, just a lot of fun rides, some dabbling into Super D possibly, and some light, light, light DH.

J

JRB

Heidi said:
I still have my DEAN bikes. I am not going to be doing any serious racing this year, just a lot of fun rides, some dabbling into Super D possibly, and some light, light, light DH.
Cool - I have discovered how fun it is to ride slow.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Heidi said:

"light, light, light DH"

when you do that, do you go down the hill at all?

ps:nice ride!

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
douglas said:
"light, light, light DH"

when you do that, do you go down the hill at all?
I just mean that I'm not going to be doing super gnarly DH courses on that bike.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Heidi said:
Are you doing the Oregon Super D series?? Woo Hoo, we might finally actually meet!!

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
DH Diva said:
Are you doing the Oregon Super D series?? Woo Hoo, we might finally actually meet!!
Maybe a couple. I want to do the Ashland race for sure. It just hurts my knee to really run AT ALL so the Le Mans starts will suck. I'm also toying with the idea of trying the Willamette Super D and possibly the sport DH. So yes, we'll probably meet.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Heidi said:
I just mean that I'm not going to be doing super gnarly DH courses on that bike.
When is Yeti going to have an All Mtn frame between the 575 and the ASX :D

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Heidi said:
Maybe a couple. I want to do the Ashland race for sure. It just hurts my knee to really run AT ALL so the Le Mans starts will suck. I'm also toying with the idea of trying the Willamette Super D and possibly the sport DH. So yes, we'll probably meet.
Cool! I'll be doing the Willamette Super's for sure. I'll be on a foes (not sure what color yet) so say hi!!!

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
syadasti said:
How do you like it?? Oh my god all these beautiful new bikes!!! Yeti's and Foes oh my! I can't wait for the season to start!!!

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Its not mine, its from emptybeer. I would change a lot.

I think I would want SRAM 2x9 trigger drivetrain w/supercharger BG (maybe DRS, depending on how good the chainline is), Ti spring, real tires (dual compound w/soft rubber), non proprietary wheelset (hadley or king), and a much shorter stem...