Quantcast

Yeti Prototype: 30 ...what tha...? - From 2008 Sea Otter -

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
yeti nomenclature

Our naming convention is pretty simple. All rail bikes will start with 303. If we have an R in the name, we are using the rail primarily to control the rate of the shock (horizontal rail). If there is no R, the rail is used to control the wheel path (vertical rail).All of these bikes are still prototypes and we will spend the race season testing and optimizing the design. Look for all of the new bikes on the podium later this year!" Yeti Cycles

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
It looks like it will have a much tighter wheel arc than the current 303. Might actually move forwards at some point in the travel.

Percy

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Christchurch NZ
The engineer in me likeys it.

The dude who has to work on his own bike in me not likeys it!

Looks cool though, and I like the way Yeti just makes cool **** to see if it works, sometimes thats the only way to find out!

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
vitox, i dont think they did that to try and work away from having a scissors link.
Well I dont see how they could make that work... unless they just... scissor or something?

OH SCISSOR ME TIMBERS

and on another note... that 4x rail bike looks SO FREAKING DOPE :monkeydance:

wachtourak

Chimp
Apr 26, 2008
Wellington, NZ
Yep, botros'ed off with the whole thing the buggers!:pirate2:

And the PTW broke me ASX twice!!:imstupid:

Bloody muppets muppetting into stuff and punchering me tubes......mutter mutter.:crazy:

I like how this is slowly becoming an accpeted descriptor of behaviour. I'm guessing you mean it was a botros'd in the 'stolen' manner and not the 'service some forks with a pipewrench' manner?

Percy

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Christchurch NZ
I like how this is slowly becoming an accpeted descriptor of behaviour. I'm guessing you mean it was a botros'd in the 'stolen' manner and not the 'service some forks with a pipewrench' manner?
Yarr, stolen, like from outside the chippie.:bonk:

But we thinkses we knows where it is, yes we do, we just need a confirmed sighting, then we'll send in the rozzers!:busted:

Oct 14, 2007
why do you think they name is the "303"....i honestly think it is a reference to their colorado area code...any ideas?