Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Coast guard

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I just googled ASVAB. You have to be f*in retarded to not be able to answer most of those. How many questions are on that test that you can get a 7?
I forget how many. I got a 92 in '90 and a 97 when I took it in '03. What was funny was it was a paper scantron the first time, the second time you used a computer, but all the keys were painted over except for 4 keys marked A, B, C, and D (not the correct keys, just 4 from the home row) and the space bar labeled "NEXT". You used them to answer the questions on the screen. :rofl:

Even with multiple guess, you would think you could get the minimum.

ASVAB minimums:

Air Force recruits must score at least 36 points on the 99-point ASVAB (Note: The "Overall" ASVAB Score is known as the "AFQT Score," or "Armed Forces Qualification Test Score"). Exceptions are made, however, for a handful of high school graduates who can score as low as 31. In actuality, the vast majority (over 70 percent) of those accepted for an Air Force enlistment score 50 or above.

Navy recruits must score at least 35 on the AFQT. The Navy raised this requirement from 31 in 2003 for active duty accessions. Reserve enlistment programs still only require a score of 31.

The Army requires a minimum AFQT Score of 31 to qualify for enlistment. However, in recent months, the Army has been approving more and more waivers for those with scores as low as 26 (Category IVA). To qualify for certain enlistment incentives, such as enlistment bonuses, an Army recruit must score a minimum of 50.

Marine Corps recruits must score at least 32. A very few exceptions are made (about one percent) for some exceptionally otherwise qualified recruits with scores as low as 25.
Because I had a GED, I couldn't go Air Force even though I had a high enough score. The Navy was the only other option.