Quantcast

Yosemite Lodging....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ok after many ideas and DHG almost talking me into going to Lake Tahoe(not that it was a bad thing) we've decided to go to Yosemite. Now all the places in the park have no room left so I'm wondering if anybody has any suggestions for places outside the park to stay if I'm coming from San Fran.

MVRIDER

Monkey
Sep 23, 2003
Mtn. View, Ca.
I'd bite the bullit and hit expedia or hotels.com or one of those. There is probably about 5 citys that claim to be " the gateway to Yosemite" Modesto, Merced, Madera, Fresno. Honestly they're all about 1 1/2 -2 hrs. drive to Yosemite Valley ( the heart of the park). There would be plenty of places to stay in those citys if you don't mind the daily drive. You might look in El Portal, Mariposa, Coarse Gold. Here's some http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?itty=&itid=&itdx=&fpri=1&aasl=

If memory serves me right it's the Cedar Lodge you want to avoid... :eek:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MVRIDER said:
I'd bite the bullit and hit expedia or hotels.com or one of those. There is probably about 5 citys that claim to be " the gateway to Yosemite" Modesto, Merced, Madera, Fresno. Honestly they're all about 1 1/2 -2 hrs. drive to Yosemite Valley ( the heart of the park). There would be plenty of places to stay in those citys if you don't mind the daily drive. You might look in El Portal, Mariposa, Coarse Gold. Here's some http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?itty=&itid=&itdx=&fpri=1&aasl=

Hey man thanks!!
I was going to hit expedia but I was hoping someone would have some good experience and point me in the right direction.

I would prefer to be closer then 1.5hrs away.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
man just campin camp 4 with all the crazy rock climbers.i know some people that live there that are way fun.

MVRIDER

Monkey
Sep 23, 2003
Mtn. View, Ca.
stosh said:
Hey man thanks!!
I was going to hit expedia but I was hoping someone would have some good experience and point me in the right direction.

I would prefer to be closer then 1.5hrs away.
No problem!

D

Dingus McGee

MVRIDER said:
Just FYI- I know some people who stayed there last year and they DID NOT get murdered! Most guests do however, so be careful.

The Yosemite valley is full of smoke from fires recently I heard. I was in Kings Canyon and Sequoia this weekend and it was great! Gotta love all the Christian campers at their lake, 'Hume'. I actually got an 18 mile ride in, too
From Grant Grove down to the lake of 5ooo Christians. Very wholesome.
We were the ONLY beer drinkers we saw that day.

Also it was 105 degrees in the F-no area and that ain't cool!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Dingus McGee said:
Just FYI- I know some people who stayed there last year and they DID NOT get murdered! Most guests do however, so be careful.

The Yosemite valley is full of smoke from fires recently I heard. I was in Kings Canyon and Sequoia this weekend and it was great! Gotta love all the Christian campers at their lake, 'Hume'. I actually got an 18 mile ride in, too
From Grant Grove down to the lake of 5ooo Christians. Very wholesome.
We were the ONLY beer drinkers we saw that day.

Also it was 105 degrees in the F-no area and that ain't cool!
Ha I saw ad's for that Cedar hotel. I'll know to stay away thanks.

What I really need is a suggestion on a place TO STAY!!!

MVRIDER

Monkey
Sep 23, 2003
Mtn. View, Ca.
stosh said:
Ha I saw ad's for that Cedar hotel. I'll know to stay away thanks.

What I really need is a suggestion on a place TO STAY!!!

I've never stayed in the immediate area, but from what I've seen driving through those towns, I'd suggest looking for a major chain. There's probably some nice mom and pop places around but I think for the most part you'd be happier if you could find a Best Western, Motel 6..etc. The last person who stayed at the Cedar Lodge, well....really lost her head over the whole thing :devil:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MVRIDER said:
I've never stayed in the immediate area, but from what I've seen driving through those towns, I'd suggest looking for a major chain. There's probably some nice mom and pop places around but I think for the most part you'd be happier if you could find a Best Western, Motel 6..etc. The last person who stayed at the Cedar Lodge, well....really lost her head over the whole thing :devil:
Oh man.... I'm not telling my GF anything about that..... :rolleyes:

Ok well I'll keep looking thanks.