Quantcast

You e13 boys sure know how to make parts!

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Give Jonas or Philip a call at the office, they might be able to help you track down where the latest USA shipments went to. Can't believe they are all sold out already! Damn that was fast!!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Yeah, that's the plan. I'm going to check go-ride to see if they have any SRS+. I've been debating between the two and had decided on the lg1 for it's weight and easier compatibility with the 09 saint cranks...but the SRS should work and I'd rather have a full bash.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
nono, i was going to run a 36 with the option to run a larger chainring if i head out west. Is that stupid? Will I be better served with the option of a 32?

on an 11-30 cassette

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
nono, i was going to run a 36 with the option to run a larger chainring if i head out west. Is that stupid? Will I be better served with the option of a 32?

on an 11-30 cassette
When I lived in Socal the 36 was still what I ran. Granted I only rode Mammoth and N* when I was out there. The only place I ever topped out my drivetrain was on Kamikaze.

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Your sunday is a 36t (or at least mine is) so just hope you dont take any big hits and you will be absolutely fine.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I used to run a 40t and then a 38t and now I've got a 36t..

I honestly don't notice the difference between the three unless it's a super long flat out course and then I miss my 40t.

stumpjump- I don't get it?

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I ride a 40T on east coast with a 12-25 cassete. Dont think its absolutely necessary but i dont like spinning alot so i think alot of it comes down to preference, however i do know i wont ever run out of gears. :monkeydance:

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
My guess is Stumpy is saying don't go bigger then a 36 on a Sunday cause of the low bb which would bottom out more often if you run a 40.

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Thats exactly what I am saying. I say this having ruined one of my guides and bearly saving my ring.

Edit:
No thtas not what I am saying. If I am correct the 36-40t would fit a little larger (i.e more room from the end of the chainring teeth to the outermost part of the taco) so that if you do take a large impact at some point and yo stuff breaks, you will only have to replace a backplate or taco, and not your chainring too.

If I am wrong on that...well I am stupid...

Last edited: