Quantcast

you guys should build.....

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
it just isn't practical in a rider friendly park like diablo. noobs would try it fall off and cause a domino affect. sure it would probably be fun in a local trail but on a big mountain with a lot of traffic just isn't a very good idea

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
im pretty sure that that is what they are trying to do with deviant... i think that was more of a "prototype" if you will.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
what I'm trying to say is.. they made deviant as a prototype to see how it went before they made a whole top to bottom run of it. but that is just my guess

DEMOmy8

Chimp
May 4, 2008
diablo could easily have something like this thats like saying they need to get ride of the tall bridges. waivers were signed they can build anything!

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
I say it's time to pull back on making all the new fast flowy/slopestyle like trails and do atleast one new rocky trail, along the lines of a Ripper 2 possibly. But what do I know, i'm not in charge.

Fall Guy

Chimp
Sep 4, 2007
Someone else mentioned a few months ago about building an elevated wood section down monin wood or whatever is left of it and I think that would be sweet. Dont see why sometime like that would not be able to be built at Diablo. looks considerably safer that Chute de sacthum although I here thats close to being removed.

mntbiker2

Monkey
Jun 30, 2007
yea 7-3 2007//quite a long ass time ago..but i was still f'ing your sister so it doesnt realliy matter

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
Grow up and mind your own business, Travis. No one is forcing you to add an asinine comment to every topic in this forum.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
looks considerably safer that Chute de sacthum although I here thats close to being removed.
This is because they have trails like alpine marked with a diamond. People ride that and say 'well, that trail can't be that hard' and get stuck on trails like, SDS, triple roll, twist and the Jack with a 3-4' drop to flat.

RideRMB

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
'Da Hood
Look at what Whistler did, on the new part of DM they had a bridge maybe 10-12 feet high. Just put a rope/ 4x4 railing round it and you're all set.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
so travis and mike shut up go bitch somewhere else but not pinkbike, pinkbike rocks they are professional bitchers. anyway back on topic, wood is expensive, inurance would not let them, where would they put this feature. so i say build it at local trails, make really, really sketchy and just huck it. i have just learned that whatever you want built at diablo, you have to just do yourself.

Luckynumber13

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
NJ
they should make a foam pit too!!
thats what i want:panic:

so then i could practice tricks without being scared:redface:

but then again where would they put it???

yeah and i wish diablo would make at least 1 or 2 flowy and pretty fast north shore trails...that would be super cool:cheers:

ROBSNUTZ

Chimp
May 4, 2008
use one of those huge useless tents and make a air dome. That would be the greatest improvement this year.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
how about no retarded air dome. on the east coast we downhill or huck it. tricks are for kids. and if you wanted to do tricks or ride bridges high in the air you can make it yourself. what diablo really needs are fast rocky trails with some pocket berms and rock faces. all these bridges and foam pits seem fun untill you actually do them. i have done both. a bridge high in the air feels no different than a bridge closer to the ground both of which are very lame to ride. its like riding a sidewalk. there is a foam pit at a skatepark in lakewood nj. its called the incline club.

Luckynumber13

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
NJ
^^yeah if tis flat, its similar to a sidewalk, but not if it has drops and step ups and turns and little wallrides, then its different

like i said, a north s hore trail or two would be fun:thumb:

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
i am not disagreeing with you i am just saying the chances of those being built at diablo are very slim due to type of terrain. there are some spots that could be fun but also it would be a lot of money to build it. there is a spot on the mountain that many people dont know about that has the best place for bridges i have ever seen. but the time and money would be redonkulous. i feel very negative saying this but its true. if you want it you have to build it yourself.

kyle_nelson

Monkey
Jul 1, 2008
vernon< NJJJJJ
well , this is a tidbit of info i recently aquired. most people originally startd making shore style trails with bridges because the bridges were meant t oget over wetlands and other things that are difficulf to ride over. i bet most of the people who ride half on wood would be very excited t oride on a dirt trail and wouldnt make bridges where they arent needed. so why dont you guys go check those trails out

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
i don't understand why diablo hasn't built trails at south.... and make it like dirt jumps and drops because it is so much smaller

Belfskins

Monkey
Jun 2, 2008
dirty jerz
that is a stupendus idea travis. make it like a stunt park like it is in the winter. have like sick technical features and a ****load of jumps. but then if you do that it will take away from the main mountain and no one would ride it anymore.