Quantcast

You have got to love dogs...

beestiboy

Monkey
May 21, 2005
Merded, ca
Hey I have a weimeraner ( I swear I will post pics just dont have any on my new laptop yet). But I cant get her near a lake, she jumps right into the bathtub when its time to clean her stinky a$$. Any suggestions, she is a water dog for crying out loud. Webbed feet and everything :help:

BSEVEER

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
SoCal
I don't think you could handle him dh girlie, he's a little freak and often times is on the border of being a pain in the ass. He wants you to throw the ball but he doesn't want you to have the ball in the first place, it really doesn't make any sense at all. Once you do get the ball, he will run across you face to get it if he has to. :D

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
BSEVEER said:
I don't think you could handle him dh girlie, he's a little freak and often times is on the border of being a pain in the ass. He wants you to throw the ball but he doesn't want you to have the ball in the first place, it really doesn't make any sense at all. Once you do get the ball, he will run across you face to get it if he has to. :D
You're probably right...dog slobber grosses me out and my cat would never allow a canine housemate...but he is soooo cute...he looks like a crazy dog.

BSEVEER

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
SoCal
Actually he ok in that dept, not very slobbery at all. He does however have a very fast and very long tongue that will get past your front teeth in a heartbeat if you're not carefull. I have several friends that are now in need of therapy because of him violating them.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
BSEVEER said:
Actually he ok in that dept, not very slobbery at all. He does however have a very fast and very long tongue that will get past your front teeth in a heartbeat if you're not carefull. I have several friends that are now in need of therapy because of him violating them.
That is always the best. Your friends come over start playing with your dog. They start to get really cutesy with them... awww how cute doggy doggy they stick their face down there, and the next thing ya know the dog is licking their tonsils.

Such funny stuff.

Oreo is quick with the tongue

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
BSEVEER said:
Hehehe.....our middle chid (the crazy one!) does drive by lickings. As you're sitting on the couch she'll just run right across you and lick you as she goes by! Damn buggers are so damn fast it's hard to stop 'em....not to mention when you're doubled over with laughter :D

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
beestiboy said:
Hey I have a weimeraner ( I swear I will post pics just dont have any on my new laptop yet). But I cant get her near a lake, she jumps right into the bathtub when its time to clean her stinky a$$. Any suggestions, she is a water dog for crying out loud. Webbed feet and everything :help:
Either take it out there with some other dogs....
Trick it in to geting in the water w/ its fav. treat.
Or
this is a 2 step process
1. Pick up dog
2. Walk in to said lake
well its 3
3. Slowly set the dog in the water.... make sure its feet can touch.

beestiboy

Monkey
May 21, 2005
Merded, ca
Yeah i have tried those, she bolted when we put her in the lake. Took me about 10 min to catch her all uphill. My buddies pool doesnt use chlorine so this summer we will try to break her of this. I would really like to post some pics of her but alas im technologically challenged and need to learn how to still. later on the pics

beestiboy

Monkey
May 21, 2005
Merded, ca
sorry im still trying to figure this picture thingy out

she still has that princess emma aire about her today this was at 11 weeks old

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
my wife's aunt has a chesapeake bay retriever and that dumb dog cant swim either. i swear, the og must be retarted or something. he runs into the lake and then when he realizes the water is touching his stomach he flips out and runs off

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
chicodude01 said:
I want a doggie, But alas, No fence=No doggie

:(

Says who? We don't have a fence and we have a greyhound. We have to keep her on a leash at all times when she's outdoors. If she gets off her leash, she's a goner.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Going to be living with this guy soon: Julie's dawg Bruiser:

He's basically a 20-some-odd pound bag of muscle. Wicked dog. :cool:

He's got a plate in his leg that runs the full length of his shin (~4" long w/ 9 screws)

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
1 more black dog photo. Here's our swimmer.

She's gone from afraid of water to swimming out as far as I can throw the ball in about 2 months. Last week she even dove off the end of a dock. Awesome. She's a lab / shepherd / greyhound / great dane mix of some kind. Too bad she still tries to kill every dog that comes within 10 feet of her.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Andy_B said:
You all know this thread was started about a "Golden" dog correct? :rolleyes:

The dog was so dirty, I couldn't tell what color it was. Don't you ever give that dog a bath? :sneaky:

Black dawgs = respeck. yo.

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
jdschall said:
The dog was so dirty, I couldn't tell what color it was. Don't you ever give that dog a bath? :sneaky:

Black dawgs = respeck. yo.

Bath what that? funny as it seems ... I did pick him up from the groomer the night before he was clean.... for less that 12 hours