Quantcast

you will wear the skin suit, you will love the skin suit.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
basically just post pics of your self in a skin suit (only dh pls)

and pls dont turn it into a discussion whether its cool/ faster/ gayer/ ect. its just for jokes, thats all.

i wore one for my seeding run on my last race, the top wasn't quite tight enough.

the spoiler on the helmet is purely for aerodynamics too. :biggrin:

final run:

cheap alternative to champagne, still fun:

it was my first time wearing lycra, and i must say, it was really comfortable. didn't really make my faster as the course isn't that high speed. took 5 secs off my seeding time in the final.

Last edited:

juk_lano

Chimp
Jun 27, 2007
You find it comfortable!? I wish it does for me. My 2 boys are always confused as to which direction to go to and pisses me off.

cesar_rojo

Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
Me some years ago... Les gets WC finals... 6th :(
I vote to go back to skin suits like on worlds :D

Rick205

Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
i must say thats a pretty badass pic.
Got to agree, really looks like your shifting there, 6th place at the worlds kind of confirms that, nice one....

(still not a fan of human cannonball / condom skinsuits though - if nobody does it theres no advantage/disadvantage)

Rick

cesar_rojo

Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
is it just me or is that a south african flag on your mouth guard??:clue:
Yes thats a south aftican flag, but I'm spanish, the week before Greg broke the collarbone in Austria so he couldn't ride there... So as he couldn't ride down the south african flag i put one on my helmet for him ;)

TA..

!
Aug 21, 2007
Bionics department
They should ban the Skin Suit

Is this a DH forum or next American model, lycra's for XC and girls doing richard symonds impressions:poster_oops:

If USA was more worried about riding less about what clothes they wear maybe you'd have more riders at the top, just saying, bring back the tough guys from the USA did Palmer ever wear a skin suit I don't think so, Im sure if it wasn't for the National bodies Sam Hill wouldn't have worn one either!

They should be banned on the World scene, if everyone wore one there would be no advantages same if they are banned and eveyone has to wear some decent clothing and protection thats my 2c..

JohnnyC

Monkey
Feb 10, 2006
Rotorua, New Zealand
Stoked to see guys racing in Lycra!! I haven't used it in a downhill race but plan to from now on, it's way better to ride in than moto gear!

They should ban the Skin Suit

Is this a DH forum or next American model, lycra's for XC and girls doing richard symonds impressions:poster_oops:

If USA was more worried about riding less about what clothes they wear maybe you'd have more riders at the top, just saying, bring back the tough guys from the USA did Palmer ever wear a skin suit I don't think so, Im sure if it wasn't for the National bodies Sam Hill wouldn't have worn one either!

They should be banned on the World scene, if everyone wore one there would be no advantages same if they are banned and eveyone has to wear some decent clothing and protection thats my 2c..

Here is Palmer on one of the many occasions he raced in Lycra or a skinsuit :)

Now please take your 2c somewhere else, it said at the start of the thread that it wasn't a place to debate skinsuits. I can direct you to a nice thread on VORB if you really feel like arguing it.

Attachments

Last edited: