Quantcast

Your '09 schedule.....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
So maybe this should be in the racing section, however, I put it here any way.

Let's see what's in store for you and the '09 season. Sure, I'll start--

Sea Otter, IF, and only IF, the schedule will allow. God, how I want to be there.

Downieville-- did it last year, and such a rush, doin' it again.

N* Thursday-night series-- can it get any better than '08? Sure hope so, 'cuz it rocks.

N* 24-hour event-- they said it's on paper, so let's hope it materializes.

12 Hours of Kirkwood-- called, said they may have a sponsor, so let's hope for the best.

Sly Park 40mile/100mile-- run by the gang doing Coolest 24, so it must be good.

Lukeville, AZ, to Rocky Point, Mexico-- ok, not an event, but a personal ride I've been dreaming about and will do with my middle brother.

Mammoth-- August 14, Alaina's b-day, her must-do memorial ride, let the butterflies join me.

So what's on your list???????

Last edited:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Cracking open beers and not racing. I hate to race, but will probably be at Sea Otter pitching Karpiel stuff for a day or two.

Riding N* every opportunity I have, and hope they move the races to weekdays so it doesn't interfere with "My Time" :D.

Yes, that may sound selfish, but I am fully convinced the world should revolve around me ;) :thumb:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
colorado april 18-21....30th birthday party/drinking
colorado august 21-24.....7 year olds birthday party/drinking

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
My rough plan is Sea Otter, the Oregon XC Series, maybe XC Nationals and then a full cyclocross season with a conclusion at cross nationals.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
finish racing the winter series @ fontoilet .
once the snow melts head up to mammoth and try for N* .
poach big bear every chance i can get .
hit up one of the woodward west races , maybe.
november challenge .

Last edited:

psychodad

Chimp
Jun 24, 2008
New York
I haven't done a race in at least 5 years, but I am doing one this summer.
I just want to get out and ride more, I only got 1 road ride in last year and about 25 mtb rides.

I am going to the Kingdom Trails this year, everytime my friends went, I had something going on, like a family wedding or one of my kids b-day parties.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
june 9... fly to anchorage
june 10... spend 75 days in the alaskan wilderness with nols
august 24... fly back to boston

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
8 local DH races, May 2-October 26, mostly in NY - Plattekill and Windham, maybe Mt. Snow. No traveling this year, Ewan's too active...Would have loved to race Massanutten in VA again but I know he can't tolerate an 8 hour + car ride.

I also want to hit a bunch of opening days - Killington, Whiteface.

Maybe a Super D race at Windham, maybe an XC race at William's Lake in Rosendale, NY.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Not 100% sure yet, but
I know I am doing:
June 7th - the TourdeCure ride (I think the metric century, but maybe only the 50 miler. I am the team captain for my school so I will ride whatever my students ride).

Likely:
Hardcore 24 in July

I am considering: (if financially possible)
Genesis Wildcat race (3 day MTB stage race) in June, but it's expensive so I don't know yet.
Singlespeed-a-palooza (scheduling conflict right now)
Darkhorse 40
24 hours of Great Glen

And, Sq-Earl is going to do an Xterra Tri this summer so I will be his race support.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Mob in Mojave
Sea Otter
N* Series
A couple of local, for beer races

Racing, since I suck, is losing its appeal slowly. Think I am going to follow the line my buddy Kent "Clappy the Squirrel" put me on. Riding is more fun when I ride with my buddies and rock it out as opposed to when I crank up my anti-fun to race.

But that's just 'cause I suck.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Moab in April
1st DH ever at the North Shore Bike Fest
Heli bike somewhere around Whistler at some point
3 days min at Whistler itself
As many days as I can fit in on the Shore until the snow returns

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
I think the bike is going to remain hanging up on the hooks while the camping gear is thrown into the Jeep and I go get lost in the mountains every weekend.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Lots more xc riding. Didn't do enough the last two seasons. Gotta do some catching up so i can burn off some flab i've been accumulating.

July 18th, getting married in Tahoe. Planning on doing some trail riding, and bringing the DH bike so i can try out N*.

Plannin on moab in fall, probably november.

Plannin on hitting up Big sky for some Dh around september.

Maybe try to head out to White Pine for some DH.

And i really wouldn't mind going to Sun Valley for some trail riding.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
So far, the US Open is the only thing on my schedule. I might do some Diablo races, Plattekill, Whiteface 5k....not sure yet. Of course, that's what I said at the start of last season and the US Open ended up being my only race. Ironically, I got my best finish ever there...well, long as I'm riding, I'm happy.