Quantcast

You're my boy Blue!!

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I went in a different direction next year for my DH race bike and here is the result. I wanted something really suited to all the tight trails I ride here. I still have a few things to get straight like fork travel and spring changes etc.... but it rides like everything I had hoped for.
The I9's are insane. The engagement is instant, and they track awesome. A big thanks to everybody who helped me get thing thing together.

07 Specialized SX trail medium frame.
Cane Creek Double Barrel
07 Fox 40 RC2
Blue I9 wheels with DT 5.1 rims.
Michelin DH tubeless tires and DT rim strips.
Thomson stem and Masterpiece post
E13 LG1 - still gotta cook up a taco
E13 36t guide ring
XT cranks and XT 11-32 cassette
Juicy carbon brakes
Sram XO shifters, der. and Sram chain
Easton EA70 Bar
Mallet M pedals
Cane Creek headset and grips

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
damn, supper hot
what do you race? where?
Snowshoe, Diablo, all East Coast.
As far as weight, I don't have an accurate weight now.
My bathroom scale said 37, but it lies.
I did not build it for weight weenie reasons though.
I liked the geometry of the SX trail, and I love the way my small
SX rides, so I decided to give it a try.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
One quick question: how tall are you? I rode a M and liked it but I'm concerned at a growing and lanky 6' the L might be a better buy.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
oooo, gotta explain in detail the different feel of the DB and the custom fox that came stock on there. i've been itchin to get a different rear shock. whether it be a avy or the db

_*sTiTcHeS*_

Monkey
Apr 24, 2006
when i opened this thread i went OHH.

if i was payed a million dollers earlier to not go OHH all day, you would have just owed me a million dollars, better yet your bike!

that bike probably rides like a dream. have fun!

Mountain_Dewd

Monkey
May 30, 2005
whis
awesome, that is such a sick build man!!!

I gotta ask though, why not go with a demo 7, is it that much heavier?

I love the sx trail but i would think the demo 7 would have more ideal geo for what it sounds like you intend to do.

PepperJester

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Wolfville NS
Damn. My SXT is in the garage crying now. That bike is to sick for words.

Anywho, I'd also like more info on how the DB feels vrs. the Fox. My DHX is starting to make 'clunking' noises - so I'm thinking of sending it to Push or upgrade to a DB.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
You're gonna put your eye out, Ralphie!!

That really is stunning to look at. I dunno about certain parts of Windrock or SS but that bike should otherwise be the SE slayer.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
I dunno about certain parts of Windrock or SS but that bike should otherwise be the SE slayer.
this ain't no flim-flam punk here,
we're talkin about a straight O-to-the-G.
A man who knows what it is and what it ain't,
what it can do and what it can't!

Plus, T-Jeffers has the same set-up minus the swank-creek shock and he's spitting hot fire.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Beautiful.......that frame color really looks good in that build.

...what travel is the 40 set at.....?......

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Jeremy looks nice man. I do like the R9's on that frame. Sickest build I have seen in a long time!!! I bet they would look hot on my bike with white rims. Lets hit up a real DH run this Sunday and put the new bikes to the test.

By the way I have some black Michelin die-cuts sickers that will look sick on the bike for you.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
oooo, gotta explain in detail the different feel of the DB and the custom fox that came stock on there. i've been itchin to get a different rear shock. whether it be a avy or the db
DHS,
I am copying and pasting this from another thread to keep me from sounding like a broken reconrd, but the DB is the reason I went with this frame in the first place.

"Its hard to explain feel on a keyboard, but I will tell ya a few things about it.
The compression damping and its adjustability is what sets it apart.
Last year when I got it on my Demo, it felt great in the stock settings and traction was sick, but I needed it to match up with Fox 40.
My 40 feels the best with the compression opened up and the rebound fast which is the opposite of the DB in stock settings. So I adjusted the double barrel to match the feel of the 40.
What was crazy was that as much as I changed the adjustments to make the shock feel totally different, the performance and traction was still the same. The adjustments really are totally independent one another, and you can set it up however you like.
On a bike like the SX trail, with a normal shock on there, and you push down on the seat, the first couple of inches of travel all you feel is the spring. With the DB, you feel the compression right off the bat, and the bike rides like it has more travel than normal.
On FSR and four bar bikes and single pivots like the Morewood they make all the difference in the world."

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
That really is stunning to look at. I dunno about certain parts of Windrock or SS but that bike should otherwise be the SE slayer.
Yeah, I thought about all that.
To be honest, I did not build the bike for pure racing purposes either.
I am guessing it will be faster in some spots, maybe a little slower in super rough stuff, but it is going to be a super fun bike to ride, and also I can ride it in more places around here as well.
A 36t up front and a 32 in the back means I will take this bike on some shuttles with climbs in them as well.
But mainly, I gotta get this thing up to the Windmill trail pronto.:clapping:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
You're gonna put your eye out, Ralphie!!

in the hands of the right rider, that bike will rip w.r. to shreds.
all he needs are some tires. :)

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Cool bike Jeremy and interesting choice - congratulation.

My only upgrade this year is 823 rims as I want for my 4 tubeless year I want to try full tubeless setup. Why did you go for the DT rims?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
My only upgrade this year is 823 rims as I want for my 4 tubeless year I want to try full tubeless setup. Why did you go for the DT rims?
I hope you upgraded your Evil football jersey. I've never seen you without it, I thought it was a tattoo. :rofl:
As far as the DT rims, they are the 5.1's and I ran them all last year.
DT makes their own tubeless rim strip for them, and I really like the setup. I only destroyed one of them last year which was good for me, so I decided to try them again. Are you coming down to da hollow again?

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
NICE!

Jeremy that's a fu**in' SICK build... I REALLY wanted to get one of those frames to build up myself at a later point in time, but I needed a crash replacement on my Sunday...

Damn, I love that rubbed-out Sonic Blue with the white underneath.

Sweet ride man - let me know how those I-9's hold up... might be getting myself a pair next year.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Sweet ride man - let me know how those I-9's hold up... might be getting myself a pair next year.
Would it be a good vote of confidence if you knew a set of I9's has survived multiple beatings at Windrock and Snowshoe and an entire winter on my 5 inch travel Enduro under a svelt 195lb tiger of a man?:imstupid:

To the one guy who asked why he didn't get the Demo 7, I knew he was a fan

but...guess he wants to wear his jersey to the races.