Quantcast

z1 fr 04

Nov 12, 2004
im thinking about getting one for my freeride hardtail. what do u guys think. do u have any other suggestions for 5 inch forks

FR4life.

Monkey
Nov 2, 2004
The Bay
My friend just bought one, and he loves it. I rode his bike and it's very plush, and feels like an excellent fork. Performs very well. :thumb:

-Chris

If you are doing stuff that requires a 20mm axle then it's a great fork, if you do not need a 20mm also look into the Fox Vanilla 125 RLC. I've run both forks and would say either way you'll have a solid ride. Just depends on what you need.

Nov 12, 2004
GoHuckYourself said:
If you are doing stuff that requires a 20mm axle then it's a great fork, if you do not need a 20mm also look into the Fox Vanilla 125 RLC. I've run both forks and would say either way you'll have a solid ride. Just depends on what you need.
yeah the 20mm axel would be nice. im not sure what im doing so far would require a 20mm axel but i am always working my way up to doing biger stuff so i would like to get a fork that i wouldnt have to replace anytime in the near future

how much do the fox rlcs run for anyways

Crazy Dan

Chimp
Aug 26, 2002
Last Place!
I've got one on my P.2 and it is a ok. Only problem I had was when I got it (brand new) might have been low on oil seemed a bit too soft, so changed it and put in 10 wt oil and everything has been fine since. I have the standard QR, I couldn't afford to build a new wheel when I got the fork.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
When I got mine the oil level was a little low. I added a little 7.5 to each leg and no problem after that. Actually it seems all the marzocchis I have gotten came with the oil level a little low.

yojimborace

Monkey
Oct 26, 2004
SC
Why would you want to jump it with the ETA on when you can stiffen it up a lot with preload? (I don't think it's good for the fork):confused: If you want it to be stiff, pump up the chambers a bunch, your forks will be pretty darn stiff.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
metallica1049 said:
is it bad to jump it with the eta on
I've heard that it is, but don't know for sure. It would be nice for skateparks to ride it like that. I haven't risked it in fear of damage.
What I do is add a bunch of air preload when hitting a bmx track.

CMT2B

Chimp
Nov 4, 2004
Loveland, Colorado
metallica1049 said:
im thinking about getting one for my freeride hardtail. what do u guys think. do u have any other suggestions for 5 inch forks
I've got a Z1 FR SL for sale for 300 w/fender. I've been riding it for just trail/XC type stuff for about 6 months now. It's too tall for my bike so I need to get something a little shorter/less travel.

The progressiveness of the dual air would probably be great for jumping, but it's not the 20mm thru-axle version (I don't think they made that in the SL). But the 32mm stanchions and ovalized tubes are stiff as anything on the market short of 20mm axle (which you'd need a new hub for).

The SL is lighter and I've had no issues at all with the air set-up. If I had the money, I'd buy a long travel HT and put it on there. ECC 5 is similar to ETA with a bit extra tuning capabilities.