Quantcast

Zero stack top cap for 2010 Giant Glory

cmoney

Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
I was wondering what zero stack top cap or flat top cap fellow Glory owners are using to ditch there stock tall blue top cap and lower there bar height would be willing to buy a headset just to get the top cap.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I'm not sure if its different for the glory (but I doubt it is), but every full suspension giant mountain bike comes with an enormous cone headset spacer stacked on top of the headset to make it look cleaner. You can pull it off just like a regular headset spacer and drop your bars much lower. I highly doubt you have to buy a new headset.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
hey bud, just go to your local shop and pick one up thats the right size. i picked one up and some super thin spacers because the crown was crushing the bearing and not keeping the headset tight. free lower bar height. if the cap isnt "free" im sure it will only be like 2 bucks.

AEvans

Chimp
May 22, 2009
What forks and bars are you running?!

Mine is ample low enough even with the enormous cone spacer on top of the headset. I thought I was going to have to remove it after I built the bike but the bars feel nice and low as it is.

Running 2010 Boxxer with Sunline V1 flat bars.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
What forks and bars are you running?!

Mine is ample low enough even with the enormous cone spacer on top of the headset. I thought I was going to have to remove it after I built the bike but the bars feel nice and low as it is.

Running 2010 Boxxer with Sunline V1 flat bars.
What size frame are you on? The large has a long headtube.

cmoney

Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
I went by a few stores and found a FSA one that works and is only about 5mm high.Thanks for the help guys.