Quantcast

¥£¥£¥£¥£ HBD FRIDAY OMG GMT €%€%€%€%!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
well as i said in the other thread somewhere...no need for a fanny pack for beer when your camelbak can magically transform into an imperial stoutlebak!
That's a lot to carry though.

I've been known to drop beers in the bush (we lack creeks here) for mid ride snacks lately... though lately the friends haven't joined.... so more for me I guess? :headbang:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
That's a lot to carry though.

I've been known to drop beers in the bush (we lack creeks here) for mid ride snacks lately... though lately the friends haven't joined.... so more for me I guess? :headbang:
to be fair that was for a day long urban ride/drink/hecklefest. had call in a buddy for refills after lunch :D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Track was unexpected. It was at full clip with practice and pits filled. You would have thought that it was a race day already. Got the service items that I needed checked done, so we're ready to go in the morning. It's going to be a long day - we need to be there at 7am to make sure we get a parking spot and will be there until probably 5pm, with the same Sunday.

Haley's going to need a new, larger race suit within a few months, she wants a dark helmet shield (which she should have), her collar brace is getting small, and her shoes are reaching end of life for size. Off season is still gonna be expensive. Oof. I need her to start winning some of the larger state races soon and get a sponsor - even if it's as simple as K1 for race clothing at a discount.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Had to go full stoppie yesterday when someone's toddler from an adjacent sidewalk darted out in front of me
it appears you missed a perfect time to demonstrate your bunnyhopping skills
Multi use paths like that are good for going slow on, not good for getting anywhere quickly or safely.
/me makes good time along the Sand Creek Greenway on my commute :) . like canadmos, most of the time these days I don't call out anything but just pass them while giving them as much physical clearance as possible. not making them jumpy is the name of the game, especially since at least half have Airpods in and are completely oblivious.

in other day-news, I rode Green Mountain slowly and on my own power, at the pace of my 8 year old. she did not enjoy trying to get (re)started on uphills but enjoyed the experience overall nonetheless.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
it appears you missed a perfect time to demonstrate your pedal grin skills
it appears you missed a perfect time to demonstrate your bunnyhopping skills

/me makes good time along the Sand Creek Greenway on my commute :) . like canadmos, most of the time these days I don't call out anything but just pass them while giving them as much physical clearance as possible. not making them jumpy is the name of the game, especially since at least half have Airpods in and are completely oblivious.

in other day-news, I rode Green Mountain slowly and on my own power, at the pace of my 8 year old. she did not enjoy trying to get (re)started on uphills but enjoyed the experience overall nonetheless.
I once went to pass some dude by UW who looked a little unstable on the bike. I slowed to his speed, gave him the "on your left" warning, to which he responded by looking over his shoulder to the left, turning sharply to the left, then panic grabbing his front brake and going OTB. I doubt he appreciated it, but if it wasn't for some Hayes Dominions I would have steam rolled over his neck.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I once went to pass some dude by UW who looked a little unstable on the bike. I slowed to his speed, gave him the "on your left" warning, to which he responded by looking over his shoulder to the left, turning sharply to the left, then panic grabbing his front brake and going OTB.
10 points!

if it wasn't for some Hayes Dominions I would have steam rolled over his neck.
I'm here to point out the every clarifying pattern of your life's missed opportunities on bike paths

These talk sessions are good. I hope you realize the shortfalls in your own life satisfaction when you address it, and are able to articulate these things outloud.

We can work towards recognizing these opportunities in real time.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
10 points!

I'm here to point out the every clarifying pattern of your life's missed opportunities on bike paths

These talk sessions are good. I hope you realize the shortfalls in your own life satisfaction when you address it, and are able to articulate these things outloud.

We can work towards recognizing these opportunities in real time.
It is all a split second calculation of a type of trolley problem. I have no idea if I felt any need to protect those other people but rolling over children or people's heads without time to drop my seat does put me at harm. I can tell you that on another occasion some dipshit veered over into my direction, and being penned in by a chainlink fence my best solution was to stiff arm the guy in the face. If I had more mass and speed I think I could have made a good running back.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My first time in the PNW was on a backpacking trip. After a week in the mountains eating freeze dried food we thought long and hard about what we wanted for our first real meal. We decided on pizza, on the drive back to civilization we stopped at the ranger station for a pizza joint recommendation and headed strait for the suggested destination. After a single slice me and my friends abandoned the place to go find a burger.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
My first time in the PNW was on a backpacking trip. After a week in the mountains eating freeze dried food we thought long and hard about what we wanted for our first real meal. We decided on pizza, on the drive back to civilization we stopped at the ranger station for a pizza joint recommendation and headed strait for the suggested destination. After a single slice me and my friends abandoned the place to go find a burger.
not enough cat assholes and mushrooms eh?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
25,000. I live on a gravel road, which ain't helping. The wrench, who I respect, says that an annual inspect/clean/lube in the spring might be of use, and i plan to do that.
Not to contradict, but I'd do it in the fall. Making sure those caliper sliders are well lubed before winter. I've had seized sliders on the $printer twice. Always rear.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
$800 for a fucking spare van key? Fuck you, Mercedes dealer.
I did some internetting this morning, and there are quite a few threads in the T1N forum over on Sprinter Source that basically say you can get a non-manufacturer key to work in a T1N. You can buy a blank with an empty RFID chip in it, and many (some?) automotive lockmiths will have a machine that "clones" the chip in an existing key to the new key's RFID chip.

It also seems like different cloning methods work better than others, and that it could be somewhat risky if it's not done right. Meaning it could basically shut the engine off and put the whole van into a lock mode that can only be undone by pulling the computer and "flashing" it i.e. reprogramming it from the ground up.

I called a locksmith here in town, and he said no fucking way that it ever works ever and he won't even try, not with anything Mercedes. Might just be that I need to find a locksmith that's done it before... and maybe calling some Sprinter-focused mechanics can help locate someone.
Found a locksmith in the Denver area who said he’s cloned plenty of Sprinter keys. He can’t do keyless entry, but a regular key he can and he had the blanks to do the job. We’re in the area for a wedding, so we had him make two new keys yesterday and they work perfectly. Total was $150 for both keys. Suck it, Mercedes.