Quantcast

^~¨¨ Wednesday GTM ^~¨¨

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well, I did manage to make yesterday a better day than Monday. Got some positive progress on the house project and the wife got lucky. She found the perfect job and applied just before the posting ended, talked to the manager yesterday and interview at the company Friday. She did insurance risk management in a very large company and there are just very few jobs like that in Denmark as not many large companies that in-house insurance. The only thing that sucks right now is a long lead time on material for the house causing a month delay at least on the project.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
22.2" on the ground. Moar squalls to pepper us with dusting today. Another storm likely next week. I shall Hok this afternoon.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Skiing today. Skiing tomorrow. Today is Breckenridge with my section head.

Oh yeah, and Hamilton tonight.

Last edited:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

I have a meeting with the Historical Preservation Society this morning that I would rather not attend. They are not known for forward-thinking, so I'm poised for a fight. We've been working on a signage project for several months for a local college, and Development Services now informs me they just realized they didn't tell us that the property was in a Historical District zoning. 6 months we've been working on this with countless meetings about zoning, and now they're giving me this? Oh hell no...not playing that. Told the city representative that they got us in this mess, and they are going to get us out of it. So, now we get to meet and hash all this sh*t out - I would rather have an unmedicated root canal...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The following informational events occurred for SGVxxxxxx generator:

Generator Running Notice
Normal Power Source Unavailable Notice
These events do not require additional action.

Generator State: Running
Communicating with Server: True
Generator Serial Number: SGVxxxxxx
Power outage but you didn't have any impact due to your nice new system?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My saga with Seattle Public Utilities continues. After moving into my house almost a full year ago every bill was 2-3 times higher than it should be. After countless phone calls and hours on hold they have at least cancelled all of my bills, will be interesting to see if they eventually get it right.

Interestingly I am pretty sure they have been reading the wrong meter, one for my neighbor's solar production. If that is the case than his solar setup generates about three times the power that I actually use. Depending on what my final bill actually ends up as I may consider getting a solar setup as I would likely have a net positive usage.

Trundled into local Chevy dealer, found a salesperson, told 'em what I was thinking about in terms of a new van. If I were to place an order today, it wouldn't get into Quigley's queue until November. Salesperson is rooting around for some information I requested, haven't started talking money yet.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
So im at Ikea with my boy picking up duvet covers. I see some loser with a t-shirt that says something along the lines of "proud member of the the Deplorables - Canada chapter". He's also wearing a cap with the "thin blue line" emblem. I wonder if he realizes that the 'deplorables' represents racists and supremacist. And combining that with law "enforcement" is precisely the root of the problem. Fucking idiots.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So im at Ikea with my boy picking up duvet covers. I see some loser with a t-shirt that says something along the lines of "proud member of the the Deplorables - Canada chapter". He's also wearing a cap with the "thin blue line" emblem. I wonder if he realizes that the 'deplorables' represents racists and supremacist. And combining that with law "enforcement" is precisely the root of the problem. Fucking idiots.
You should have shot him.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just found out that our analytical team is hiring for a senior position and my name was the first to drop from that director as an internal transfer. Part of the reason I got the current position was because of how well I know and understand the analytical side of our program, while being on the sales side. Catch? You have to be in a position for 1 year before you can move out of it without the approval of a manager. I took the current position in August.There is a snowball's chance in hell I could get that approval given how much of my department's sales load I carry.

I just had a good conversation with said director and he's hiring for two positions: one is immediate, the other is flexible. Given I took the current position in August, I can't move until then, but the second position he can easily hold for five months. Position is salary in line with my base+bonus currently, so a whole lot more flexibility with in-line comp and no more dealing with people. August can't come quickly enough.

Very interesting return from leave indeed...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
kids had a half day...picked up a sixer of imperial stout on the way home...and so it goes.

planning a rare pisgah proper ride on friday, as wilsons saw a lot more snow this week, and looks a lot colder/ranier that day. 60* and cloudy > 45* and showery.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
He's probably like "Look at the vagina on this guy - picking up duvet covers."

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Just found out that our analytical team is hiring for a senior position and my name was the first to drop from that director as an internal transfer. Part of the reason I got the current position was because of how well I know and understand the analytical side of our program, while being on the sales side. Catch? You have to be in a position for 1 year before you can move out of it without the approval of a manager. I took the current position in August.There is a snowball's chance in hell I could get that approval given how much of my department's sales load I carry.

I just had a good conversation with said director and he's hiring for two positions: one is immediate, the other is flexible. Given I took the current position in August, I can't move until then, but the second position he can easily hold for five months. Position is salary in line with my base+bonus currently, so a whole lot more flexibility with in-line comp and no more dealing with people. August can't come quickly enough.

Very interesting return from leave indeed...
Make sure the Director knows you want that job and will do great.
Then let him take care of the need for manager approval.
??????
Profit.