Quantcast

°•○●□■♤♡♢♧zero fucks to give friday gfmt♧♢♡♤■□●○•°

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
how are you doing these days?
2017 has been rough. Mostly what could be indirect results of the injury. Had some infections and a hernia.

Wish I could play bass better, but Ive actually been developing more as a musician using electronic gizmos and programming.

Overall, I'm still tired of being alive, but hanging on to be proven wrong ;)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Oh my its Friday. Supposed to go on a date of some sort tonight, but I'm so tired and its raining that I just could not careless if it falls through or not.

And someone here just asked me what their user name is. They've worked here for 5+ years. :banghead:

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Weighs 9.3 lbs

:fie::fie::fie::fie::fie::fie::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::panic::panic:
That's if you carry all 3 pieces and together it's rated for waterproof sub zero arctic. But use just the inner for medium warm, use the middle for light warm, use the GorTex outer shell for weatherproof and additional warmth to either layer. And it packs up small, but not very light.

But you wouldn't be going too many places with that unless you have a truck or a Sherpa. :rofl:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Weighs 9.3 lbs

:fie::fie::fie::fie::fie::fie::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::panic::panic:
Yeah they have some interesting stuff on that site.

They do have nice stuff too for good prices. My tree stand came from this site with free shipping. Gonna stop at REI before pulling the trigger on ordering, I don't want to spend more than a hundred right now. Hoping I can have enough to order a jumping jack trailer by next year.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
That's if you carry all 3 pieces and together it's rated for waterproof sub zero arctic. But use just the inner for medium warm, use the middle for light warm, use the GorTex outer shell for weatherproof and additional warmth to either layer. And it packs up small, but not very light.

But you wouldn't be going too many places with that unless you have a truck or a Sherpa. :rofl:
My bag is rated to -40 and weighs four pounds, it also fits my big ass comfortably

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

So... perhaps not the "best" sleeping bag "evar"?

:D

I keed, I keed

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
denver....you got some hail yesterday?
Yes, a wee bit.

Ahhh, right. Damn that's gonna be fun. :mad:
Yes, a wee bit.

3:10 mark or so
That doesn't look as gnarly as POV as it did just watching it on video. It looked real real hariballs watching normal like.

What happened to the idea of the pop-top camper?
Nothing. Pop-top slide-in truck camper would be one option in the over arching "truck-bed-as-a-camping-house" concept.

He's learning the easy way: from the :monkey:s experiences... :D
Okay maybe this.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Gonna stop at REI before pulling the trigger on ordering, I don't want to spend more than a hundred right now. Hoping I can have enough to order a jumping jack trailer by next year.
I have a few 1-2 man tents, including one I haven't used in a few years (but is still in great shape outside some sap) that you could borrow.

It's a floorless so you'd want to bring a tarp if you're not comfortable sleeping on your pad straight on the dirt.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So... perhaps not the "best" sleeping bag "evar"?

:D

I keed, I keed
It depends on what you would consider "best" in regards to sleeping bags. For me, it is comfort above all else because I am not trekking anywhere overnight. I used just the gortex outer as a shell in New Orleans but I used all 3 when tent camping in Bend in November with snow on the ground. It was the one piece of Army equipment I had to give back that I would have rather kept.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Err... I'm calling bullshit, sir! Unless you spent $1,000 on this sleeping bag?
I spent almost $600 on it about 15 years ago now. It was one of those "I tired of having a crappy bag" angry drop the credit card purchases I made mid tripafter getting cold three nights in a row.

I have a few 1-2 man tents, including one I haven't used in a few years (but is still in great shape outside some sap) that you could borrow.

It's a floorless so you'd want to bring a tarp if you're not comfortable sleeping on your pad straight on the dirt.
Possibly, I'm old and use a nice air mattress these days. I should probably use something with a floor being I will likely get rained on, and possibly snowed on a bit.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Possibly, I'm old and use a nice air mattress these days. I should probably use something with a floor being I will likely get rained on, and possibly snowed on a bit.
I sent you a PM, you can swing by our house and grab it, set it up at your house and see if you think it would work for your fall season... if not no worries.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Kudos for the symmetric wing ding vomit.

Sorry for whomever has bladder cancer, that is not a easy thing.
uncle.

first person i saw with a "mtn bike".....he still rides that raleigh around in the woods.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Bike is a a friend's getting the necessary love so that it doesn't die/kill me tomorrow. I forgot to service the damper in the Pike and it leaks fluid, causing hyrdo lock in the fork. Es no bueno after about 25miles of descent, limits travel to 3". Bike is getting a 'refreshing' - new wheels, post, bar, stem, pedals, possibly Push'd shock to stop the new bike purchase.

Haley's first day at kindergarten today.

I also bought a new shirt today:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
That's why I was calling bullshit. Even the arguably *best* bag manufacturer in the world can't get a -40* bag down to 4lbs. Although they are *awfully* close.

And 15 years ago they would have been using 650 fill instead of 800. So even heavier...
So just went out into the garage. My -40 is 7lbs. It's the -10 that is the light weight. I have a bunch of different sleeping bags all the way up to 50°. So I got two of them mixed up, I can only be so perfect.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Friday here means two/three things; laundry, dicking around with bikes and beer.

Thanks to Transition for the beer cozy, complete with neck strap. :D

Hey hey Monkies! Get off my lawn and get a fucking job!
Are you hiring? I can tune a bike up, open beers on command and never leave the TP on cardboard.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Hey hey Monkies! Get off my lawn and get a fucking job!
get off your own lawn and travel the country riding your dang bike!!!

heard from dealer-apparently i didn't destroy my car's suspension the other day, just tires and rims, and maybe bearings. still thousands of $. our deductible is $250. insurance claim submitted, will get rental car tomorrow.

grilling burgers. drinking stouts. if storms hold off will sneak in a ride this weekend...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Friday here means two/three things; laundry, dicking around with bikes and beer.

Thanks to Transition for the beer cozy, complete with neck strap. :D

Are you hiring? I can tune a bike up, open beers on command and never leave the TP on cardboard.
Precisely my skill set, I don't need the competition...