Quantcast

{{°{ Tuesday GMT }°}}

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Surly offspring this morning due to having to ride to school in 15* temps.
HTFU Princesess!

Promoting my oldest foreman to production manager/sales this year.
Involves bringing up another couple crews as well.
All of this means dan-o has a lot of shit to organize.

Saw Star Wars finally last night.
Meh, fun to watch but I felt like I'd seen it before the entire time.
Thankfully the bongshed force was strong with me and it was fun watching the boys get into it.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
It's 6AM and coffee is brewing. I will spend today with one of my 3 bosses... he is new to position and has a lot to prove. So far I have noted he draws big conclusions from limited information. To save hime time I have gathered all the information needed to support the awesomeness of my operation. If that fails I do have solid proof of my second quartile performance that is at least a B plus and worthy of a gold star.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Elbow and shoulder tendinitis felt good enough for my first trip to the gym this winter. About 3 months later than normal. Embarrassingly short and light workout as I do not want to re-injure things. I was half expecting to be in writhing pain this morning but so far so good. Sadly my muscles are a little sore as I have done fuck-all for the past 5 months.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, internet friends. 2000 yard swim with the masters group at the pool this morning. The instruction is helping. I feel like I am becoming a slightly less terrible swimmer.

Coffee in hand, bagel in toaster.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin folks!

Currently intertwined in the fun of applying for a mortgage re-finance. Yay! As lame-o as it sounds it has the potential to save me a few hundred bucks a month, I'll take it.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
At work. It's going to be a busy day here. better get to it...

In the mean time... I'm looking forward to seeing the "Best of Banff Mountain Film Festival" tonight.

Also, I'm continuing to steel my resolve to begin running the kid to daycare instead of walking. It will happen at least once this week.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning! I have an all day conversion meeting for our software. Ski after work. I should be able to get back in the pool and swim next week.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Literally just arrived at work. It took 2.5 hours to get here.

This is about how fast the freeway was moving...

Also saw a Golf R with its summer tires still on. That guy is 110% going to JimmyDean it into a ditch.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Literally just arrived at work. It took 2.5 hours to get here.

This is about how fast the freeway was moving...

Also saw a Golf R with its summer tires still on. That guy is 110% going to JimmyDean it into a ditch.
I tried to drive on a light dusting of snow with summer tires on my GTI. Didn't need to go anywhere and was just testing it. Didn't make it more than 20 yards before I tried to turn around, even then it was quite the feat to keep it out of the ditch. AWD of the R wouldn't have helped as I was just sliding sideways from the camber in the road.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I am sure everyone else is as excited as I am in regards to the rumors that gravitational waves may have been detected.

Relativity fo life!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I tried to drive on a light dusting of snow with summer tires on my GTI. Didn't need to go anywhere and was just testing it. Didn't make it more than 20 yards before I tried to turn around, even then it was quite the feat to keep it out of the ditch. AWD of the R wouldn't have helped as I was just sliding sideways from the camber in the road.
Can only imagine. This guy was doing about 2mph making a left in a parking lot and almost slid into a curb. You couls see that even the AWD wasn't doing much; the front tires were spinning and the back was doing nothing.

Subaru > VW awd. :brows:

I'm thinking some snownuts will be in order tonight.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Feels like somebody just hit me in the back with a club and it's getting progressively worse. Med center downstairs thinks it's a kidney stone. Got a script for flowmax to see if I can pass it naturally. This will make for a very painful trip to Whistler this weekend if I can't get it sorted.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Sorry to hear about your kidney Stoney, it is terrible pain. I suggest you go home / to the ER before it really incapacitates you. You won't be able to walk, drive or even think unless you pass the stone quickly.

I am slowly digressing into a deep GFY/NFG territory and I am not happy about it.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I presume you already have a mortgage guy? If not... let me know.
I actually don't. PM me if you have someone good, right now I'm just wading through the sea of online lenders seeing who will put the best offer in front of me.

What rate(s) you looking to go to/from?
Currently at 4.625% and looking to get closer to or under 4%. Methinks I should be doing better than I am.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sorry to hear about your kidney Stoney, it is terrible pain. I suggest you go home / to the ER before it really incapacitates you. You won't be able to walk, drive or even think unless you pass the stone quickly.

I am slowly digressing into a deep GFY/NFG territory and I am not happy about it.
Green Fried Yams/Neutered For Girls?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I actually don't. PM me if you have someone good, right now I'm just wading through the sea of online lenders seeing who will put the best offer in front of me.

Currently at 4.625% and looking to get closer to or under 4%. Methinks I should be doing better than I am.
Seriously? If you have good credit you should be getting sub-4% for a 30-year.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
@Adventurous go 15yr if you can swing it.
@stoney def head home before trying to pass that unless you want your office nickname to be "that guy who was found whimpering on the bathroom floor in a pool of bloody urine".

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Seriously? If you have good credit you should be getting sub-4% for a 30-year.
800+ when i checked last week. Big reason I got pegged with a higher rate from the get go is because I didn't have a large down payment. It was the price I had to pay.

@Adventurous go 15yr if you can swing it.
@stoney def head home before trying to pass that unless you want your office nickname to be "that guy who was found whimpering on the bathroom floor in a pool of bloody urine".
If I intended to stay in this house longer than 5 years I'd do so, but given that I'm not anticipating much more appreciation I'm opting to take the reduced monthly payments instead. Sounded reasonable when I proposed it to myself.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Gotcha. I'm currently at 5.625% (same as when I bought my house in 2010). Been looking at going to a 20 year fixed for mid-3% if possible.

6 years this March without a missed/late payment and credit scores around 800 should help make that happen.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Gotcha. I'm currently at 5.625% (same as when I bought my house in 2010). Been looking at going to a 20 year fixed for mid-3% if possible.

6 years this March without a missed/late payment and credit scores around 800 should help make that happen.
Not to mention no gag reflex. That could for sure make it happen as well.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
The person that set up my original loan was a woman, and was planning on talking to her (she's still the VP of residential loans according to the bank's site).

Go Go gadget Gene Simmons' tongue!

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Fix that as soon as you can. I'm looking at refinancing from 4% down to 3.875% because it will save me $35k over the length of the mtge.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
image.jpeg

Terms Of Enrampagement - Day 2
RAMPAAAAAAGE!!!

Can next Wednesday hurry up and get here so I can schedule an appointment with the melon baller and put this behind me?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Teetering right on the edge of a re-fi for us. We put 10% down and are about 20K away from 20% down now with payments and prices creeping up in our area. I just want to get into a solid loan with a good rate that we can keep long term. Paying PMI can suck it. Damn jumbo loans.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Teetering right on the edge of a re-fi for us. We put 10% down and are about 20K away from 20% down now with payments and prices creeping up in our area. I just want to get into a solid loan with a good rate that we can keep long term. Paying PMI can suck it. Damn jumbo loans.
Dumbo Loan