Quantcast

¿?¿?¿? Yawn ¿?¿?¿?

Thursday, March 21st, 1968
I’m waiting now to go to Pohang [Pohang-si], about 80 miles up the east coast; my boat’s to be towed up there by a tug; we made one try at noon, but turned back an hour out due to a heavy swell. We’ll prob’ly try again around midnite. We’ll be up there three or four days, during which I believe I’ll be carting around mooring lines for tankers. I’ll try to get some photos.
Just got confirmation that we’ll probably be leaving just after midnight.
Friday March 22, 1968
We’re in Pohang now; we finally left at ten o’clock PM and traveled all night with the tug apparently trying to decide whether it wanted to go into dancing or acrobatics. One would wake up to see half the contents of the galley go sliding past on the deck. Got here around 7:40 yesterday yesterday morning; the tanker, the USNS Cache [AO-67], arrived at 3:00 in the afternoon at which time we spent an interesting couple of hours sliding around in avian feces such as are found on mooring buoys the world around. Having gotten the beast moored, we had passenger dispatches one after the other right up ‘till six this morning. At maybe 3:30 AM, I had a little battle with a lieutenant over whether my crew was to continue or sleep; I lost the skirmish, and have been toying with the idea of making a formal complaint to the Inspector General, but it’s not worth the fuss. Of course, since I was mad enough to enter the dispute in the log, it could be noticed anyway in the Inspector-General’s inspection next month; it would be very funny to see the fat little toad lose his bar.
At any rate, things have slacked off now, and as it stands I’ve just one more dispatch tonite, at 11:00, and I’m through ‘till tomorrow A.M.
The sea was quite rough this afternoon, and I spent a joyous hour or so wandering around when I found it was too rough to come alongside the tanker. As a point of fact, it was rough enough so I managed to get tangled in the stern mooring lines of the tanker, breaking off various small pieces of my boat in the process.
Got back to Pusan at 3:00 or so on Sunday, walked into my barge, and there’s SSGT Myford with a bottle of bourbon, so what the heck…
Monday I went before the promotion review board finally; I think I passed.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
We noticed on the puppy papers that the breeder had not give the pup his last dewormer Rut Roh. That might explain the runny turds in the yard. Gave all 4 dogs the canine dose of Pyrantel pamoate and Praziquantel last night.

Did poop patrol this afternoon. holy worm load batman I have never seen dog turds with that big a worm load before. looks like it was confined to the puppy but I'm glad we treated all four dogs

Attachments

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
486CC1E1-0C51-4694-AA69-4F7DD352D859.jpeg

tis a good day to be in my cozy house instead of in stopped traffic for I-70 WB closed before Loveland/US-6.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sold my motorcycle through a swanky local consignment dealership. I got exactly what I would have asked selling it privately and didn't have to deal with the general public. Spent some time shooting the shit and drooling over a mint Honda CBX and Ducati Panigale when I picked up my monies.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Just got off the blower with the kiddos daycare, one of his teachers tested positive for teh plague. Classroom closed until the 17th. I guess we’ll be doing some hiking over the next week, maybe make some pizza, and assuming the park is empty-ish so we can avoid people feeding ducks and riding bikes.

In more positive news, toured a house today with a garage converted into a second bedroom, but the wife loved it. I thus finagled the contingency that I get to build me dream shop in the back yard if we get the place. She doesn’t yet realize the monster she’s creating….