Quantcast

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] Jeebus, rabbits, chocolate and eggs day GMT [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Spent the day sourcing and buying a brand spanking new KTM 350 EXC-F for the GF to ride and haul behind the coach. Now off to find a spare rear wheel and a paddle tire. went and bought lumber to make some stakes side panels for my flatbed for dump runs and spent over $500 bucks just on a few sheets of plywood and some 2x4's. Its getting out of hand.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Rage bought a truing stand (Park TS2.2) after discovering last night that the rear wheel on my Yeti was too far out of true to feel comfortable riding this morning. Figured it was time to quit mooching off of those with stands. :shakefist:

And now I wait for @CrabJoe StretchPants so I can jumble my bits on the hardtail.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Mornin!

Rage bought a truing stand (Park TS2.2) after discovering last night that the rear wheel on my Yeti was too far out of true to feel comfortable riding this morning. Figured it was time to quit mooching off of those with stands. :shakefist:

And now I wait for @CrabJoe StretchPants so I can jumble my bits on the hardtail.
I built/trued a dozen wheels without a truing stand.

1. turn bike upside down
2. strategically place a ziptie on frame or work
3. true wheel
4. profit ???

Morning. MIL currently in IC with covid. Wifey nervous. Back to stressful work tomorrow. Hopefully a bike ride will let me relax a bit later today.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Ride on tap. Broke my Crank Bro’s Mallet in the middle of a ride yesterday. I really like those pedals but man they suck. Time to shop some different brands I guess.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I should ride bikes again today. Only one decent local spot might be rideable on trail bikes and it sounds like you still have to hike up through snow on the climb...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Ran ran the cable for the rear-view camera last night. Only broke/dropped 4 clips I don't have on-hand, so off to Subaru tomorrow to get them.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Ride on tap. Broke my Crank Bro’s Mallet in the middle of a ride yesterday. I really like those pedals but man they suck. Time to shop some different brands I guess.
friends don’t let friends ride crank bros pedals. Seen one break mid ride too. Scary and dangerous.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Happy birthday @FSM!

I don't understand how you guys are breaking crank brothers pedals. I've ridden nothing but for over a decade and absolutely beat them against all manner of rock and terrain with nary a failure. You guys must be fat........

:D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Happy birthday @FSM!

I don't understand how you guys are breaking crank brothers pedals. I've ridden nothing but for over a decade and absolutely beat them against all manner of rock and terrain with nary a failure. You guys must be fat........

My mallets have held up to years of dh riding on east coast rox. Although to be fair, the spindles were installed on the wrong bodies.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Also, surprise couple extra days off. I've been out of work since last Wednesday, on a medical leave for you know, cancer and surgery, but corporate didn't bother to send me a work release form I didn't even know existed until late Thursday afternoon via company intranet, which I didn't discover until Saturday. So of course, can't get that shit signed by a doctor until, as a best case, Monday, meaning I'm either eating 2 days unpaid or burning more vacation time. Nobody fucks things up at this airline faster, or better, than the so called "people department". :rant:

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Multiple years I was driving home from partying I ran over bunnies in the middle of the night/Easter morning.

Wife went to work, I have her projects to do today.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Also, surprise couple extra days off. I've been out of work since last Wednesday, on a medical leave for you know, cancer and surgery, but corporate didn't bother to send me a work release form I didn't even know existed until late Thursday afternoon via company intranet, which I didn't discover until Saturday. So of course, can't get that shit signed by a doctor until, as a best case, Monday, meaning I'm either eating 2 days unpaid or burning more vacation time. Nobody fucks things up at this airline faster, or better, than the so called "people department". :rant:
Uh, I can sign forms

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA

1. turn bike upside down
3. true wheel
4. profit ???

Morning. MIL currently in IC with covid. Wifey nervous. Back to stressful work tomorrow. Hopefully a bike ride will let me relax a bit later today.
I've used my teeth to open dozens of bottles. Doesn't mean I wouldn't rather have a bottle opener.

My TS2.2 is being delivered tomorrow. it should be noted I ordered mine a day before Tim.

Rode with Tim. We talked about our incoming truing stands and all the things we're going to do with them.
IMG_20210404_092420722_resize_76.jpg

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Got all of our “wedding planning” tasks completed yesterday, including engagement photos. So today is wide open for playtime and recreating. Gonna go hit some slush bumps at Crested Butte for closing day. May or may not ski in jeans.

9B6E7BB0-8061-4504-B5B3-48D5CCEB3095.jpeg

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

1. turn bike upside down
3. true wheel
4. profit ???

Sorry to hear that my friend. Wish I could help. Bike is currently in pieces and knees are still iffy. Hopefully a week or two and I’ll be back in action.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Also, I stand with @StiHacka in not using a trying stand. Too many standards and adapters necessary to get them to work. I just a frame or fork and thank the heavens for disc brakes

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Also, I stand with @StiHacka in not using a trying stand. Too many standards and adapters necessary to get them to work. I just a frame or fork and thank the heavens for disc brakes
There are too many standards but you don't need an insane amount of adapters. I typically just whatever thruaxle there is for the wheel I'm building. If you wanna get fancy abbey makes an adapter that will work on every hub size except super boost 157 I think.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
There are too many standards but you don't need an insane amount of adapters. I typically just whatever thruaxle there is for the wheel I'm building. If you wanna get fancy abbey makes an adapter that will work on every hub size except super boost 157 I think.
Tapered cones = 2 parts, all standards. Works like a charm.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC

Happy birthday @FSM!

the pedal came off the spindle. I ride a lot and bash them off rox all the time. I guessI could have a pair last if I didn’t consistently ride. In all seriousness though the failure is always the pedal sliding off the spindle. Any other pedal recommendations that are flat like the mallet but not made by CB?