Quantcast

μ₩μ TUESDAY GMT ¬₩μ

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Holy fuck what a long day. Awards banquet. I had 2 beers and glass of red wine to go with the aweome filet and some awful white fish I did not eat. Did not earn an award but came close enough to be hopeful...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I had a gig today. Volunteered. It was fun. I would do it again. I was invited to come back tomorrow. I love the Museum. Kids were cool. Any day with free Beau Monde dip is awesome....

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
MAG is good chit. They have some great American paintings. Also, Monet? check. Rembrandt? check.Ancient Greek, Roman or Chinese art? check. You go, Rochester! I used to know people there . . . they've all retired or left by now.
My friends are making a video about the elderly chess league and dimensia therapy. I recorded all the chess game noises. Exciting shit let me tell you. I then drove everyone home afterwards. I had extra reserves of patience that I was unaware I possessed. Elderly benefactor shit show...

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Food is indeed big in Chicago. Is there anything else though? :think:
There's something like eleventy-billionty brew pubs

:cheers:(just saying...)

My SIL volunteers to "feed the fish" at the Shedd Aquarium.

While I suspect that's not as interesting as BEER, I could probably get you on the guest list for free if it were...

pugslybell

Chimp
Jan 23, 2002
Durango Colorado
Double door is closed right now trying to reopen in different hood. Best museum in the city is Oriental Art institute at University of Chicago. All Persian and pre Roman middle east stuff. Super cool and empty usually. Plus that campus and the old Worlds fair grounds in that area are rad. Cocktail on 96th floor of hancock is super rad as well. Cool nighttime view from only 5 floors below the observation deck.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Thanks for all the tips. Except for the sucky weather (cold, fog, wind, cold, fog, cold, wind), it was a fair experience, with the exception of the Hyatt Regency which is now on my kill list.

(and Hawks still blow :P )

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Cocktail on 96th floor of hancock is super rad as well. Cool nighttime view from only 5 floors below the observation deck.
totally forgot about that-we used to go there a lot when we lived there. it's cool to feel the building sway when it's windy. was also a good spot to watch the fireworks on the pier. one time, b/c of the wind, it looked like snow was falling up, which was super trippy. /coolstory