Quantcast

-{||— F R I D A Y —||}-

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
read the terms of your remote work policy carefully. we have a guy that is fully remote in virginia. but he is required to be on-site once a month (or every other month?) if he wants to maintain his cube. or something like that.
I'll happily give up my cube if it helps eliminate the expectation that I should come into the office. Like, it's the nicest cube I've had in my career, but it's still a cube.

Keep it at 71 and tell her to do pushups when she gets cold.
Good on you for assuming she can do a push-up. Very progressive.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here. Went out to a party put on by one of Wifey's vendors last night. Made a new friend, who proactively found us before we left to make sure we had his card so that we could contact each other to hang out. Great fun was had heckling his colleague from TX who was full of bravado to eat a roasted jalapeno while, only to turn beet red and surrender after two bites. As I just chuckled while chomping through one as we discussed the difference of real Mexican food from growing up in SoCal vs. TX. Turns out he has a kid Haley's age, skis, MTBs, wife does a bunch of the same stuff Wifey does. Pretty clear he and I were both making the "our wives really need to meet" and "oh, we only live 10min apart" pitch - and Wifey was on board. :thumb:

Mine was due last week. I should start that.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Lolz. I feel your pain. Mine was complaining she was hot at 73, and cold at 71. I don't know how I'm supposed to work with that.
We blast the temp down to 67 at night , turn it off when I get up at 530, and let it ride until it naturally gets back up to 76. Because the transition is slow, you don't really notice it. And since you have to put a light jacket on in the am, you cool down when you take it off. It's also dropped out electric bill some too.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We blast the temp down to 67 at night , turn it off when I get up at 530, and let it ride until it naturally gets back up to 76. Because the transition is slow, you don't really notice it. And since you have to put a light jacket on in the am, you cool down when you take it off. It's also dropped out electric bill some too.
67?

1657898209493.png

74/75 during the day. 71 at night. had been doing 70 at night but the kids were complaining they were cold.

we asked for a wifi thermostat for the new a/c furnace, so i will be programming that.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'll happily give up my cube if it helps eliminate the expectation that I should come into the office. Like, it's the nicest cube I've had in my career, but it's still a cube.

Good on you for assuming she can do a push-up. Very progressive.
Some time with a shake weight would do I guess.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
i offered to turn the furnace on.
And she didn't murder you... impressive restraint shown by that woman.

Here. Went out to a party put on by one of Wifey's vendors last night. Made a new friend, who proactively found us before we left to make sure we had his card so that we could contact each other to hang out. Great fun was had heckling his colleague from TX who was full of bravado to eat a roasted jalapeno while, only to turn beet red and surrender after two bites. As I just chuckled while chomping through one as we discussed the difference of real Mexican food from growing up in SoCal vs. TX. Turns out he has a kid Haley's age, skis, MTBs, wife does a bunch of the same stuff Wifey does. Pretty clear he and I were both making the "our wives really need to meet" and "oh, we only live 10min apart" pitch - and Wifey was on board. :thumb:
Stoney's front yard:

1657898543448.png

:D

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Retrieved the rest of my stuff and tag from the Toaster yesterday. Sat in it for the last time. Super sad. Best car I’ve ever had by far. A dirtbag’s dream ride.
18BBD482-2FDF-4880-AFE4-91213F308CB5.jpeg

Then I went to the Toyota dealership and put a deposit on a black on black with black accents Rav4 XLE that is already in transit. Murdered out from the factory. Haha. Won’t be here until August 17 though.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Retrieved the rest of my stuff and tag from the Toaster yesterday. Sat in it for the last time. Super sad. Best car I’ve ever had by far. A dirtbag’s dream ride.
View attachment 179045

Then I went to the Toyota dealership and put a deposit on a black on black with black accents Rav4 XLE that is already in transit. Murdered out from the factory. Haha. Won’t be here until August 17 though.
ask if you could buy it back as a salvage title?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Wife hired a housekeeper, said housekeeper broke my coffee pot and left the broken pot on the counter, I guess because I'd want to confirm it's broken-ness? No post espresso drip coffee for me, had to drink Keurig swill at work. FML.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wife hired a housekeeper, said housekeeper broke my coffee pot and left the broken pot on the counter, I guess because I'd want to confirm it's broken-ness? No post espresso drip coffee for me, had to drink Keurig swill at work. FML.
thats grounds for firing.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
67?

View attachment 179043

74/75 during the day. 71 at night. had been doing 70 at night but the kids were complaining they were cold.

we asked for a wifi thermostat for the new a/c furnace, so i will be programming that.
Temp drops way down at night and the power cost drops too.
Screenshot_20220715-102805.png

So we push the temp low when it's easier to keep temps low and let it stay to naturally raise. Usually only have it on 1-2hrs for rest of day.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Perhaps you folks living with thermostat impaired wimminz could MacGyver / 3D print something like this "jewel cooler" for home use:

1657909444743.png

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
a/c is back on.
And what was the issue? I just left my buddies shop and their brand new AC system never has worked. He tells me there's a cool feature that won't let the AC come on unless all the shop doors are shut. I took that circuit out of the t-stat and viola! AC came on.