Quantcast

“”///Thurpderpdeh\\\””””

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
We are union so the vocal underlings just get transfered somewhere else. Actually it is a pretty good methodology for getting out of shit situations. Exactly how I got promoted off of my last nightmare project. I went to my boss with a pretty serious issue, he told me to ignore it because of the "bad optics", I immediately sent an email to the whole organization, got offered a new better position the following week.
Good for you. I got laid off shortly after I was vocal about the virtual reality the management was selling to others in one of my previous jobs. My "career" has been a shitshow ever since.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Good for you. I got laid off shortly after I was vocal about the virtual reality the management was selling to others in one of my previous jobs. My "career" has been a shitshow ever since.

I certainly have limited my career options at this place for voicing my concerns. One of the problems here is that we also have a lot of vocal idiots so it is easy for management to just label anyone who raises issues as chicken little and so even the valid issues are ignored. I could probably have gotten a promotion and a nice salary bump by now if I just played the game and complimented the Emperor's clothes but at the end of the day I need to be able to live with myself which is hard enough without being a groveling toady.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Extremely rare. We just don’t have the wide open sky’s that y’all have. And all the lights from urban areas reduces visibility a lot. So you have to get out into the backcountry and on a clear night to maybe see it.
The humidity on the East Coast makes things difficult too. Best skies I saw were during deep winter freezes. Too much light polution here at home but a dry summer night in the Cascades is impressive.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I managed to drag myself to the gym. I was able to do pretty good and another indication its just allergies. Allergies still suck though.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The humidity on the East Coast makes things difficult too. Best skies I saw were during deep winter freezes. Too much light polution here at home but a dry summer night in the Cascades is impressive.
Yeah when I got to see it was at Grayson Highlands out on a bald when I got up to go pee. Would have stared up at it longer if I wasn’t shivering in the cold Fall air.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Watched first hour and seven minutes of Endgame with wife and kids this morning. Will finish it up as baby-kins naps this afternoon, before Global Entry interviews for whole family.

I like not working.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Extremely rare. We just don’t have the wide open sky’s that y’all have. And all the lights from urban areas reduces visibility a lot. So you have to get out into the backcountry and on a clear night to maybe see it.
Same here. Toronto has our sky glowing a lovely amber colour at night, even though we live out in farm country.

We can see some stars, but its nothing like going north an hour or two.

This place is cool to visit - no lights - https://www.torrancebarrens.com/

And some areas up north have light polution by laws, which is cool.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Manager meeting to go over goal status this morning: "well it looks like you're a bit short of your ytd from this one goal... But at [double checks numbers] 108% of your annual level for this one. So... Moving on to our next topic.

:rofl: And this kids, is why we prep for meetings.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
While I have not experienced the Aurora Borealis I have gotten to see the milky way and all the stars that you see in astronomy photos out on a bald on the AT. Only got to see it for a minute or so as it was windy and cold.
coolest stars i've even seen were when i went to kenya and we were way out in the country with zero light pollution. pretty amazeballs.
I'll never forget the starry nights and the beautiful display of the Milky Way in the middle of badlands during our Maah Daah Hey adventure. It was amazeballs.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Ugh. Wife just tested Covid positive (I am still negative) despite the fact that she almost never leaves the home - I am guessing our recent lunch at the Azorean place did the deed. My contractors just erected new fence posts a few (too many) inches inside our property line, further rewarding the neighbor for building his bullshit home extension at the very limit of the code. FTS is strong today.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
swimmy, swammy, swan....... samsonite

Ordered another round of LED lights for the coach, also order a cute little pressure washer. Also starting to tackle the sound and entertainment system. 14 speakers in this coach will sound pretty good with some decent sets.

In other news....

got pulled over last night for doing a wheelie on the BMW heading back from dinner. The cop said it was very controlled and still under 25mph so he let me go.
Please tell me it was on one of these…
1648753506926.jpeg

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey just gave me a Bosch laser measurer that she snagged from their sales center. I will so be using this.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Man, a laser measure is on my long term ‘want but don’t really need’ list. Especially now my phone has the lidar ‘Measure’ app. That shit is pretty amazing.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
How is it only Thursday? FTS x12
I feel this.....

Ran Act 1 tonight and it went....well....some things need to get buttoned up but it's starting to come together. Off to watch the oldest get inducted into our foreign language honor society and then band rehearsal. Tomorrow is actually supposed to be a short day but once it's over I have to wrangle my kids into the car and drive 4 hours to a gymnastics meet. I plan on bribing them with Chick-Fil-A and pool time at the hotel. Saturday is a full day at Gymnastics League Championships then back in the car and driving home because I have to do our taxes on Sunday!...I know you all envy my glorious existence.
1648763940328.png

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Global Entry interviews x 5 of us done. Now good for five years. I had two long-booked appointments but brought everyone along, smiled nicely, and begged forgiveness and it worked.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
PXL_20220331_223357740~2.jpg

Haley

PXL_20220331_223410868~2.jpg

and Reese today at karting. Reese is holding consistent sub-29 sec times now, which is holding her at league times. She's debating whether she wants to do the race next Tuesday at this point.

Haley's just pushing on herself at this point, but she's a rabbit for Reese. Given she only does 1-2 races per week max, she's closing on Haley fast.

And yes, the pictures are poor. Zoom catching fast targets on a cellphone is hard.

Last edited:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Wifey just gave me a Bosch laser measurer that she snagged from their sales center. I will so be using this.
My little Bosch laser tape measure is the shit!

Shockingly accurate too, accurate enough that I use it for trim installs, and Ive used it for all kinds of things that would otherwise be a total PITA to measure on job sites. They do eat batteries though, if I see a rechargeable one for a good price I’m scooping it up.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke

Shockingly accurate too, accurate enough that I use it for trim installs, and Ive used it for all kinds of things that would otherwise be a total PITA to measure on job sites. They do eat batteries though, if I see a rechargeable one for a good price I’m scooping it up.
Yeah, this is why I would get a laser measure. I used one a lot at my old job to do QA on work lazy engineers did and the accuracy was great. My phone is useful but only goes to 1cm, which is fine for most stuff around the house until you need a tape measure or ruler anyway, but the fancy lasers are the tits.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Always wondered if they were accurate enough for trim. I despise running tape for a 14' span and praying it's good. Perhaps I'll pick one up, I do have several hundred feet of baseboard and crown to install.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Always wondered if they were accurate enough for trim. I despise running tape for a 14' span and praying it's good. Perhaps I'll pick one up, I do have several hundred feet of baseboard and crown to install.
I find them more accurate than using a tape measure between two walls where. Only thing you have to watch out for is the angle it’s pointing, make sure the dot is about thesame distance from the wall as the unit or all your measurements will come up long. Textured walls will fuck with you.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

This is what you need

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
@stevew you watch Moon Knight episode 1 yet? I dug it. Very confused, which is the point, I gather.
nope....not yet....i have been waiting for this one...

knew a kid growing up in virginia who was a comic book geek.....would basically redraw comic books panel by panel for shits and giggles pretty much flawlessly....the fact that his dad was a retired marine col who was about 5'6" and 140 lbs and the scariest adult i have ever come across made it even more funny....