Quantcast

•°÷ Friday GMT ÷°•

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Holly hell, it is a madhouse out there. Don't do it! Stay indoors (or in the shed).
:stupid: I managed to leave work, go buy my Christmas present, pick up the kids, and play with them outside a bit before it got out of hand. Having hot chocolate, and sending pics of my broken helmet to the warranty dept. at Jenson now. Roads are slick here too... be safe out there, and happy holiday kids!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Extra zero at no extra charge.
30mm
Now you can perform occultism with your private bezoar, winning!

Rode this afternoon, 11.5m on solid frozen dirt and some ice while being pelted by tiny ice pellets. I cannot wait for the snow / rain / freezing rain combo, ice should be back on singletrack and my studded tires are horny for some ripping action. :nose:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
After three weeks of messing around trying to get an XD driver I finally got it delivered today and got out on my new fat bike. It was fun times.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
10-50 cassette?
I thought about doing that, I still have a double on the fat bike...
Kona Wozo - came with 28T front and an NX 11-42 in the rear, changed it to a much lighter GX 10-42. I normally climb with a 30/40 low gear on my trail bike and we climb a lot. This first ride was a snowy 6.5miles with 1300ft vert.

So 28/42 on the fatty was fine. Low POE was tough in the steep technical rocky sections though - much prefer my I9's to the cheap Formula fat bike hub.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Well the good news is that I passed my EMT Palliative skills tests with ease. No points off on any of the 12 exam stations. Therefore I passed my Recertification Class. :neo::neo::neo:

The bad news, I passed my recertification class and will still be employed and have to go back to work next week :bonk::bonk:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Low POE was tough in the steep technical rocky sections though - much prefer my I9's to the cheap Formula fat bike hub.
I have a Hope Pro 2 on my winter hardtail with studded tires. The 24POE sucks donkey balls when ratcheting through technical crap when one is used to the luxury of hubs with 72/108POE. People who say low POEs don't matter probably don't ride technical isht.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Kona Wozo - came with 28T front and an NX 11-42 in the rear, changed it to a much lighter GX 10-42. I normally climb with a 30/40 low gear on my trail bike and we climb a lot. This first ride was a snowy 6.5miles with 1300ft vert.

So 28/42 on the fatty was fine. Low POE was tough in the steep technical rocky sections though - much prefer my I9's to the cheap Formula fat bike hub.
After today's debacle Ive pretty much come to terms with the fact that it's time to replace my drivetrain. Just gotta decide between 40t or 42t max.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Just saw space x’s rocket launch with the kid. She’s almost 5 and asked what it was. I said “santa”. She pumped about it.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I have a Hope Pro 2 on my winter hardtail with studded tires. The 24POE sucks donkey balls when ratcheting through technical crap when one is used to the luxury of hubs with 72/108POE. People who say low POEs don't matter probably don't ride technical isht.
I've still got a 9 years old 24POE hope wheelset on my Ti hardtail, it doesn't get ridden on the technical stuff too often. But I still do ~1500miles a year on it. My trail bike has the 120 POE I9's.

These Formula hubs are 18 POE...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Stress level rising...

Need Pisgah time bad.

KILL, KILL, KILL !!!!!!
100% agree

yeah. no technical isht for me on my sorry ass 8yo pro2s :rolleyes:

new dropout installed. new der. cable purchased. getting bike back together. mebbe night ride tomorrow? stouts consumed.

@canadmos what’s your itinerary looking like mext week? and why are you bringing teh cold, ya prick?!?!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@jstuhlman two of us driving down the 28th. So we should ready for full shreddage on the 30th. 29th will be a half ride lazy day, probably poking around Dupont. Rest of the gongshow (6+ people) should be arriving sometime on the 2nd.

I swear to JEBUS, the cold wet and snow weather can FUCK RIGHT OFF. Stay up north. Dump snow on all of my comrades. But spare the south, I swear to jebus....