Quantcast

••• taco Tuesday gmt •••

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
This cold is legit. Ugh. Apparently the Denver area has a wicked bug going around.

Up early drinking coffee and playing guitar.
Tacos later.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
A recruiter contacted me yesterday with a job at a consultancy and my comment to her was that I was not sure if I was cut out for life in a suite doing powerpoints. Looking forward to her response.

Back feel better after old man struggled with ladder yesterday. It did not help I have a weak right side due to broken collarbone but I still feel like a even weaker old man today.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Morning walkies is on rain delay this AM but should be dry by 7 or 8 to make the rounds.

Old dude down the street listed the house and is finally retiring to Arizona. With the market cool down, will be interested to see how fast and how much it sells for. It's one of the nicest, if not the nicest houses in the hood. My guess is it's at least $500k and that seems crazy for here.

<edit> $579k :shocked:

Morning Monkeys.

Morning walkies is on rain delay this AM but should be dry by 7 or 8 to make the rounds.

Old dude down the street listed the house and is finally retiring to Arizona. With the market cool down, will be interested to see how fast and how much it sells for. It's one of the nicest, if not the nicest houses in the hood. My guess is it's at least $500k and that seems crazy for here.
Retiring to Arizona...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Slow work day. Haley has a league race tonight. Been working a lot about not forcing passes if you're not sure you can take it. Accepting one position lower vs. eight lower because you got wrecked out. She should be fighting for the podium, assuming she doesn't get hyper aggressive and crash herself back positions again.

A recruiter contacted me yesterday with a job at a consultancy and my comment to her was that I was not sure if I was cut out for life in a suite doing powerpoints. Looking forward to her response.
I had a recruiter reach out to me about a "family office" position a while back. I told her I have no interest in ever working for Edward Jones, since their model is just off lies and thievery to both clients and employees. I never heard back.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Windy as all heck outside, looks like I need to tack down the edges of the roof underlayment I put down over the weekend. It's self adhering, but the wind is strong enough I'm concerned it'll take off into the neighbor's yard anyways.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
man, some tacos would be killer for lunch. like real tacos, not the white people stuff (which I also love) but some al pastor. I could eat like 6. Local place does good mexican, but it's a little far from here.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Retiring to Arizona...
He doesn't drive his Corvette if it has rained in the last week, so he barely drives it living here. At least he might get to drive it there. It's stuffed in the end slot of the garage. Rain has never touched the paint, it's a '96 with 32k miles. I would gladly flip it for him.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Slept badly again, but at least the house didn't blow away in the strong winds...yet.

A few months ago I had a random message from a recruiter for Amazon, I can't even recall anything about the job. But when I tried asking about the pay and benefits they got annoyed and it killed the conversation. Why would I want to waste my time on further conversations if your pay is less than I'm on now?

Last week I had another Amazon recruiter contact me, I've ignored them.

I should note I dislike Amazon, haven't ordered from them for several years.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i think i am bailing on seeing bill burr on friday...a five hour drive through sc/ga there and back is no bueno..

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Back 2 tha grind. Gotta dig into building codes at lunch to make sure I size my deck supports properly, both for the current deck and when deck transitions to a 3 season porch.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Windy as all heck outside, looks like I need to tack down the edges of the roof underlayment I put down over the weekend. It's self adhering, but the wind is strong enough I'm concerned it'll take off into the neighbor's yard anyways.
Underlayment dutifully tacked down, and I was not blown off the ladder in the process. I'm calling today a success already.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I used dust seals and foam rings from a 2011+ SID service kit on a 2010 Reba last night when servicing the fork after it had sat unused for many years.

If I die on the first ride it's been fun.