Quantcast

€¢£ get away day traffic hell gmt £¢€

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

It's a laying laminate flooring kind of day. With any luck we can get thr room knocked out and, fingers crossed, hang the two fans and light fixture. Now that would be a banner day.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
local roaster was out of drip when i stopped in, so they made me an americano for the same price. i'll allow it. bike on rack, boss not in, t minus 4ish hours until FIF.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hey fuck you, I'm here.

Not going anywhere this weekend. Maybe to a local beach. Will probably update my resume and drink weird beer.

Scooped up a BB for the kid bike and a new stem so I can use some handlebars that are lying around. That should be done by the end of the weekend. I'll spend at least part of it making streamers out of ribbon and wire....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Got my first windshield crack today.

Coffee, poop, work, then going up north for the weekend. Will ride bikes on rox.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Powering through the to-do list so I can leave at lunch and head to Lake Lure with the fam for the annual get together with my wife's side of the fam. There's one trail right there that's decent, so bike will be brought in case i can sneak away. Pretty sure the place we're staying has golf carts for getting around. hopefully shenanigans will ensue.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Loading the camper onto the truck this morning, putting new tires on the bike (thanks @stoney !) and heading to Steamboat after work. Solo mission, meaning no girlfriend. She’s working all weekend. So, just me and the doggos and a bunch of our friends camping out on a friends property. Hopefully shenanigans will ensue.

Indeed. I requested bacon be picked up for me and honey-smoked was the selection. Bacon with carbs does not help me later in the day.
Smoke has carbs?

The more you know...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
if you're riding doesn't that give you a little more leeway?
He's supposed to be in ketosis 24/7 for da brain and it might kick him out of it for a bit.

I rode in to work, having finally eaten last night. 98 hours extended fast over. I won't go this long probably ever again, but now I know that I can.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
He's supposed to be in ketosis 24/7 for da brain and it might kick him out of it for a bit.
don't high aerobic activities (like mtb) burn carbs at a higher rate?

I rode in to work, having finally eaten last night. 98 hours extended fast over. I won't go this long probably ever again, but now I know that I can.
how'd that all go? any weight loss?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
how'd that all go? any weight loss?
Dropped 5 lbs over 98 hours (1.25 lbs/day). Compare to losing 7 lbs on intermittent fasting over the preceding 15 days (just under 0.5 lbs/day). Some of the fasting weight loss was no doubt water redistribution/loss but I reckon at least 0.8 lbs/day was of actual fat burning via ketosis.
Related question.

If you don't eat for 96 hours, do you still poop?

:confused:
Small somewhat watery poops. Your gut makes lots of fluid on its own, succus, and that comes out eventually as not all water is reabsorbed in the colon, especially if staying super hydrated as one is supposed to on a fast. Oddly on day 4 I had more substantial but still smallish poops--this is a known thing, apparently because your body starts to break down poop encrusted on the colon walls by this point. Lovely image, eh?
VVV YOU DIDN'T ANSWER THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION VVV
Because stoney's not the one who fasted for 98 hours.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Dropped 5 lbs over 98 hours (1.25 lbs/day). Compare to losing 7 lbs on intermittent fasting over the preceding 15 days (just under 0.5 lbs/day). Some of the fasting weight loss was no doubt water redistribution/loss but I reckon at least 0.8 lbs/day was of actual fat burning via ketosis.
i'm curious to see how much of that stays off

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Said fuck work and left. Went to grocery store and will dick off around the house all day and get yard work done so riding the rox can commence all weekend. On a side note I’ve been going to bed earlier so I can get up and hit the trails at first light. Kind of nice seeing the sun rise over the mountains on the BRP and beat any sort of shit show on the trails that is now Brevard, NC. Only problem is trying to get my lazy ass riding buddies up at that hour

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i'm curious to see how much of that stays off
My goal is dropping 50 additional lbs over the next 6 months or so. I'll keep my thread updated as this journey continues, and if/when I hit my goal then I can indulge myself in more e-things (for my commute, in particular). :D

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Powering through the to-do list so I can leave at lunch and head to Lake Lure with the fam for the annual get together with my wife's side of the fam. There's one trail right there that's decent, so bike will be brought in case i can sneak away. Pretty sure the place we're staying has golf carts for getting around. hopefully shenanigans will ensue.
The longest, uninterrupted DH in WNC is located there. Or at least it used to be. Been a very long time but between 22-26 min. Zero uphill. Then there’s Shumont...

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Hola! The DH on Doctor Park was indeed super fun, now if they'd just build some friggen singletrack so most of the ride isn't road!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
The longest, uninterrupted DH in WNC is located there. Or at least it used to be. Been a very long time but between 22-26 min. Zero uphill. Then there’s Shumont...
i've heard tell but not sure where/how to access/if still there. we're 1 mile from the new trail there (weed patch). maybe it's the one that continues down from the end of weed patch? or is that shumont???