Quantcast

€¢£ get away day traffic hell gmt £¢€

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
My goal is dropping 50 additional lbs over the next 6 months or so. I'll keep my thread updated as this journey continues, and if/when I hit my goal then I can indulge myself in more e-things (for my commute, in particular). :D

are we talking IF???? Let's talk IF!

I've lost 27lb since January doing 5/2 fasting. My intention is to drop 30lb (so I can say I lost 30, mostly) and I may stick with it to keep the weight off. So far I'm dropping about 0.78lb a week, which is really pretty reasonable and what I would consider a healthy rate.

Just read this article which may keep me on IF forever. It's well documented that caloric restriction enhances lifespan....but my deal is I get to eat all the bacon and beer I want on non-fasting days, then starve on sufferfest days.

What's the thought with extended ketosis and seizures? Is that a potential fix?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
@Sandwich : I've been nerding out about IF in my thread for the past few weeks. I've been doing 18:6 with some 24ish hour days since August 10, and did an extended water + salt fast for 98 hours from Sunday night through last night. Going back to 18:6 for the foreseeable future + reducing carbs but not being militant about it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
And yes, it's been known since the 1920s or so, iirc, that ketogenic diets can alleviate epilepsy to some degree.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
any idea from who? I had a great sour beer at a local bar the other day...not sure the brewery but they typically do some other sours. Fuckin' expensive at 9$ a pour though

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
any idea from who? I had a great sour beer at a local bar the other day...not sure the brewery but they typically do some other sours. Fuckin' expensive at 9$ a pour though
Lone Pine, called blueberry sparkler. i regret not buying more. it was a limited run and was sold out (even at the brewery) on my way back home.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Damnit jons now I'm browsing Pisgah on trailforks.

Need to start working on the lady friend for a trip down there....

Is May/April too rainy?
Really a crap shoot on rainy weather that time of year. Seems to be getting wetter every year though. With that being said we had a stellar May this year. Honestly anytime of year around here could be seasonably wet or seasonably dry. So yeah, flip a coin and come on down. I c an guarantee it won’t be as cold as last time you guys came down.:rofl:

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Drove back to my happy place (Island Lake, Beartooth) yesterday morn to secure a site for friends visiting from my old stomping grounds (Hot Sulphur CO) this weekend.

Much rain last night, and calm this AM but I love the huge pyramid tent (13x13 so plenty of room solo to stay dry)

IMG_20190830_120853.jpg

Headed to Billings today for a concert (Mountain Goats FTW...,) but couldn't pass by Red Lodge Brewpub without a proper pint (Dog pull Porter and quite deliscous...)

IMG_20190830_121324.jpg

Next stop is to pick up 'shed-ibles from the Billings branch of my dispensary and then a few hours of work for the "man*" before rocking out with my caulk out

(*in this case transcribing MSU grad student's interviews for her dissertation.)

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
i've heard tell but not sure where/how to access/if still there. we're 1 mile from the new trail there (weed patch). maybe it's the one that continues down from the end of weed patch? or is that shumont???
It comes out behind the hotel. It's a longish shuttle. I probably couldn't find it again.

Shumont starts at the end of Shumont rd. and dumps out onto Boys Camp rd.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Remember, don't go full stoney on your first or any subsequent runs.
I actually got bounced off because I was going too slow for the trail. The ground is all bouncy and there are tons of soft plants to land on though. I can see why so many people ride flats here. Wet + roots = whee!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Rode Tiger Mtn today. For the Seattle folk - Off the grid, not off the grid, Joyride, with a few single track climbs in there.

Shoulder is doing good. KT tape ftw.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Saw fat dude and his fat kid during my ride. Both on e-fat-mopeds. No helmets. :stosh:

Saw them again in the parking lot. They were both very angry, as they had apparently both ridden through horse shit.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I know Jackson is an easy target for slagging on, but this is one reason why I can stand it here still. Well, and the ridiculous amount of good trails.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Angry Hanks delivered on the Head Trauma IPA and free popcorn/$3 pints but the Dirt stout tasted worse than dirt.

I wonder if there's a 24 hour tetanus shot dispensary in Billings...

IMG_20190830_190449679.jpg

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Made a quick trip up to the park to get a hike in before the hoards descend upon the place. 2.5 hours and 24 pounds of solitude. Felt strong and fast today unlike a lot of my hikes lately where my legs have been stiff and heavy. Progress I tell ya...