Quantcast

€£¥₩-- Sunnandæg GMT --₩¥£€

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Trying to decide if I want to sneak a quick ride in before hockey watching brunch at noon. After seven hours in the saddle yesterday, my legs say maybe not.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Some new tires mounted up here too (e-thirteen TRS 2.35) and they look like the goods. Hopefully I can find something clear of mud to ride today.

Speaking of hockey, HAWKS! Boomshakalaka.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Some new tires mounted up here too (e-thirteen TRS 2.35) and they look like the goods. Hopefully I can find something clear of mud to ride today.

Where'd you buy? Sold out where I looked on line... now that I know they are hard to get I need them.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004

Let's see a pic of those tires mounted up, front specifically.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Where'd you buy? Sold out where I looked on line... now that I know they are hard to get I need them.
Michelin Wildrockr2 Advanced is an awesome option too. E13s are essentially clones, with some subtle changes that look like a good evolution of the tread. I love the Michelins (great compounds) but will try e13s when they're toast.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I do almost nothing today. Maybe a grocery store run. Maybe a bicycle spin. Definitely just hanging with my ladies, trying to avoid the spousal cross hairs.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Michelin Wildrockr2 Advanced is an awesome option too. E13s are essentially clones, with some subtle changes that look like a good evolution of the tread. I love the Michelins (great compounds) but will try e13s when they're toast.
Around here you just can't run out for replacements, I thought I'd get some back up just in case the X Kings don't make it through the summer. Back in the day my LBS stocked green Wild Grip'r so eventually everyone had them. The dealer had gotten some sort of closeout deal and was selling them for twenty bucks, you could get almost a year out of them before they split.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
TRS+ on 35mm ID rim.

IMHO it is a bit of an overkill for a rear tire, unless you want to go monster truck with something like Minion DHF 2.5 in the front.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
TRS+ on 35mm ID rim.

IMHO it is a bit of an overkill for a rear tire, unless you want to go monster truck with something like Minion DHF 2.5 in the front.
I thought that about the Michelins too, having come off a semi slick, but I love the pair. Traction for days.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Around here you just can't run out for replacements, I thought I'd get some back up just in case the X Kings don't make it through the summer. Back in the day my LBS stocked green Wild Grip'r so eventually everyone had them. The dealer had gotten some sort of closeout deal and was selling them for twenty bucks, you could get almost a year out of them before they split.
These are basically folding 2.35 DH tires. I just run over everything and the tires shrug off the abuse. Don't worry about flats in the least. E13 should be similar.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
These are basically folding 2.35 DH tires. I just run over everything and the tires shrug off the abuse. Don't worry about flats in the least. E13 should be similar.
They are, but a hair under 900g in the lighter version. :thumb:

Here's the monster truck, 2.5 DHF front / 2.35 e13 rear.

I rode new to me Cape cod trails (willow street) today.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
There's a Muslim family at the school playground behind my house. They are awash in smoke from my bacon burgers.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Let's see a pic of those tires mounted up, front specifically.
Slow as anchors on the pavement to/from the trail, but seem to have tons of traction in the dirt. I didn't get a proper test ride but enough to know. psi: 26f/29r.

You'll also spy a Minion SS mounted to my spare rear wheel to try out too.

20160424_155716.jpg
20160424_155808.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello dudes and dudettes.

Eventful day here today. Went to the Subaru meetup, which also had an autocross event going at the same time. Got bored of that after an hour or two, so I left pretty early. Got a headache on the way home and just said f-it and went riding. I'm glad I did, I had a blast. :)

It might be hard to see, but this trail is all switch backs with berms down the hill ending with the most perfect floater gap and then straight into two berms that you can pretty much lay sideways in. I hate jumps, but I'll ride this one all day long. This trail was unrideable for most of last year due to a huge tree that fell across it, but the trail fairies have remedied that. Yay.

And a quick clip from the autocross event. This is the only time I turned on my phone to record a lap and almost caught someone's major fuckup. This guy (in the BMW) was one of the instructors, I am pretty sure, he was out testing the course and came a few feet from wrapping his awesome M3 around a pole.

Followed by the best sounding Saab, ever.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Agreed, I'm 8 miles from the closest trail and tend to drive there. When I lived in Washington local trails were less than half a mile from my door.
I'm pretty fortunate in that regard. The closest trailhead is about 1/2 mile, and there are 4 different areas I can ride from home within a 30-40 minute warm up pedal. Even moar if I link a few together (and have more energy).

This has been a shit couple of weeks. Riding even a short ride fixes the head. Win.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Fuggin awesome day outside today. Took the boys out to the waterfall again and it was glorious out (low to mid 50s, sunny and no bugs yet), had poutine and corn dogs for lunch, then went out on a solo ride. This new loop we discovered last year is just fantastic. It's freaking mint conditions right now. Then came home to a beer can chicken on the new grill. It might have been the best chicken I've ever made.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
A little ride with wifey today, out and back on Colorado Trail segment two, for 20 miles, but tagged on another 16 in a Buffalo Creek loop at the far end.

36 miles, 4800ft of climbing. Dinner is about to be destroyed.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Pounded stakes and drilled out timbers for my new puppy proof garden system. Bucket and stone watering system installed. I poached a bunch of stone to keep in reserve for future repairs. I hope it works. Harbor freight pump system works good so far. Neighbors are on board. Proud of my efforts.