Quantcast

€€€€ €uro Monday GTM €€€€€

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
kid is negative for covid:yes: unfortunately that means I get to go to work. :doh:

couldn't get up to workout this morning. Not a shock. I'll survive.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Haley is sick, properly. Hannah decided right now was the time to wake up, then go back to bed. Glad I'm awake.

We're two weekends in where Haley's gear isn't keeping her warm enough. I really don't want to drop the coin, but she needs some windproof and waterproof/resistant insulated clothes vs. just layers. So... Looking at next level gear, and that shit is expensive because there isn't much out there. Helly Hansen is painfully expensive and I can't get her into a bib which she can upsize into, so... Fuck.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Got my Fox Defend Fire pants delivered today. They fit pretty good, but do slim people not have quads these days anymore? I nearly bottom the buckle out on the slimmest setting, but my quads just fit. Sizing up would have left me with slipping pants.
Thanks @Changleen for the advice with the regular Defend pants!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Polish crew started in the basement again. Last room then we can start putting tiles on the floor hopefully early February. Still a lot of other jobs that needs to be done including electric, cabinets, plumbing and heating so the money pit will continue for a while. Well the size of the money pit will stay larger than normal as there is always something to spend money on when you have an old house.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Here. Installing two pocket doors and some trims. Might go pack another advanced summer trail later.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Here. Haley is sick, properly. Hannah decided right now was the time to wake up, then go back to bed. Glad I'm awake.

We're two weekends in where Haley's gear isn't keeping her warm enough. I really don't want to drop the coin, but she needs some windproof and waterproof/resistant insulated clothes vs. just layers. So... Looking at next level gear, and that shit is expensive because there isn't much out there. Helly Hansen is painfully expensive and I can't get her into a bib which she can upsize into, so... Fuck.
have you looked into stunting her growth....just kudding...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

1 - Pick expensive hobbies.
2 - Complain how expensive it is.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Got my Fox Defend Fire pants delivered today. They fit pretty good, but do slim people not have quads these days anymore? I nearly bottom the buckle out on the slimmest setting, but my quads just fit. Sizing up would have left me with slipping pants.
Thanks @Changleen for the advice with the regular Defend pants!
everything is skinny fit these days. did you look at endura?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
everything is skinny fit these days. did you look at endura?
Looked at them but did not dare to order online. Did not find a shop locally that had them. With Fox I have at least an idea how they fit, so I ordered in the same size as my shorts from them are. Fox's size recommendation did put me at a size smaller than what I got as well, luckily I did follow my instinct and not their recommendation. :eek:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Looked at them but did not dare to order online. Did not find a shop locally that had them. With Fox I have at least an idea how they fit, so I ordered in the same size as my shorts from them are. Fox's size recommendation did put me at a size smaller than what I got as well, luckily I did follow my instinct and not their recommendation. :eek:
fair enough. my LBS sells them, so I was able to try them on. I have the singletrack pants, and would recommend them very highly. and same deal as you, i found that I had to size up for proper fit.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Picked up a whole 6lb Chicken from a new grocer recently, defrosted it for a weekend meal. Did not make stuffing inside the bird or, check the inside. There were the gizzards inside the whole time in the oven, which was fine... also had the whole Head. Had haunted fevered dreams all night where my teeth were being pulled and, woke up this morning to a Sparrow perched in a tree off the front deck fort over an hour - watching me in the kitchen. There's 20mph winds this AM, and this Sparrow is risking whiplash just to mess with my head.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
since it rained yesterday, ruining the ski trails, but it's cold again today, I was thinking I'd take the boys to the outdoor rink down the road. But first I need to go buy skates for the little one, as he has outgrown his spiderman skates.

of course, all they want to do is be on their god forsaken devices...

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Update to what's potentially growing Mind Control powers of a frozen chicken - either mid oral-surgery dream or otherwise, YouTube's Hambini and I were in an Office work environment only his Office was exactly like Lou Grant's Office from the Mary Tyler Moore Show.
Am thinking for every tooth that was pulled, Hambini conducted evaluations in Lou Grant's Office.

Going back to minding my own flatulence.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Roquefort is delicious

You all should acquire and consume some
two fridays ago i made a pizza with figs, shiitake mushrooms, prosciutto, and grueyere.

last friday i used smoke gruyere instead of regular gruyere and it was a bigger improvement than i was expecting.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
fair enough. my LBS sells them, so I was able to try them on. I have the singletrack pants, and would recommend them very highly. and same deal as you, i found that I had to size up for proper fit.
You previously recommended them highly, so that put them on my list. Sadly I never saw any of their gear for sale locally. All folks that I know that ride in Endura stuff ordered it online.
Crazy that also Endura runs small. You would think that clothing for cyclists would accomodate a typical cyclist body shape: big legs and 14 y/o upper body. ;)

YYmGVD8.jpg

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You previously recommended them highly, so that put them on my list. Sadly I never saw any of their gear for sale locally. All folks that I know that ride in Endura stuff ordered it online.
Crazy that also Endura runs small. You would think that clothing for cyclists would accomodate a typical cyclist body shape: big legs and 14 y/o upper body. ;)

View attachment 170113
re: sizing, i was right in between sizes (L and XL). my shop had a large, which i could fit into, just not comfortably for riding, so they ordered me an XL. FWIW, as far as shorts go I have found the sizing to be generally consistent between their shorts and their pants. so I am now less concerned about ordering them online - endura does seem to run some good end of year sales. i got a jacket from them for about $60 (about 33%) off.