Quantcast

€€€€ Euro Trash Friday GTM €€€€

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Picked up my 2014 Pike from it first service ever yesterday and the old beast feels like new. I had bought it fork complete so it came with the full service kit which I think was luck as it can be difficult to get hold of at the moment for such an old fork.

It turned out the guy who did the service I had helped buy a Brooklyn Machine Works TMX from one of my DH buddies in Brooklyn some 15 years ago and he was stills super stoked about that. He then even lived in another part of Denmark to a bit of a coincidence I ran in to him again. Turns out all the old BMW stuff is already reaching collector status and collector pricing.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I'm alive, I think, maybe :confused:
The damn tinnitus woke me up, and the brain ache hurts enough that I can't get back to sleep.

I'm starting to loose my shit - and put on weight, which does not help with the loosing of the shit. At this point I will take riding rail trail one handed with the rogue elbow in a sling. Buddies are going to play big bikes and socially distant lift lines today. :mad:

I just wanna ride my bike.

FTS, Imma go back to bed. Come on hydrocodone and zopiclone. :Alcoholic:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Speaking of eurotrash, where the hell do you get a brake bleed kit over here? It's hard enough to even find a bike shop. I've looked everywhere online and found nada.
For example here:

First one is universal, rest is brake specific.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
In other news, both the areas I live and work in are now the Corona hotspot in Denmark. Yeah!
Because f***ing people can't stop having parties. It also came as a total surprise that students like to drink together and this could cause the spreading of a virus. You don't say! :eek: Saw the freshmen having their official intro rituals, which looked like pre-Covid. In two weeks I have to stand in the lab with those kids. Just ordered a stack of FFP2 masks and was told that "I am giving a bad example because the students only get lower certified surgical masks". Yeah, but they have shown to not care, so protecting myself is now my #1 priority.
Further, the Danish authorities have not recognized that aerosols are the main issue here. We still disinfect our hands and all surfaces like crazy, but meetings/teaching in badly ventilated rooms are OK as long as you keep a distance of 1 m. :crazy:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Morning, one of the local nursing homes has had a covid outbreak 11 dead, 30 sick. Lucky for me I haven't had to go to that one in 4 months.

Heat wave starts tomorrow with temps rising to a forcasted 113* on Sunday. Only going to be mid 90s today. 4am and it feels hot in just shorts and a tee shirt.

I need more espresso

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yo!

Think I'm going to take a break from reading the news and "being informed" for a bit, as its typically little more than a major bummer. Going to start focusing on the positive instead.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'm alive, I think, maybe :confused:
The damn tinnitus woke me up, and the brain ache hurts enough that I can't get back to sleep.

I'm starting to loose my shit - and put on weight, which does not help with the loosing of the shit. At this point I will take riding rail trail one handed with the rogue elbow in a sling. Buddies are going to play big bikes and socially distant lift lines today. :mad:

I just wanna ride my bike.

FTS, Imma go back to bed. Come on hydrocodone and zopiclone. :Alcoholic:
Horseshoe? We got dumped on with rain over this way, so maybe the sandy turns won't be like riding on a beach today. :D

Rail trail gets boring so quick. Any good hiking over there? Looks flat...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Also, long weekend wooooooo. And the weather looks good. Woooooooooooo.

Forgot or lost my mask, which made getting into work interesting.

Is it beer-o-clock yet?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Older Formula brakes should work with an Avid/SRAM compatible bleed syringes. Not sure about their new mineral oil ones.
*Should* is the issue here. Assuming you have a R1 brake this could be an issue. Some iterations of SRAM kits have too short adaptors, so they will initially thread into the bleed port at the lever, but before sealing tight bottom out on the clamp part of the R1. I needed to get a specific Formula bleed kit because of this. No issues on the caliper. But I have seen SRAM bleed kits that looked like mine work on Formula brakes. :confused:

Colonel Angus

Monkey
Feb 15, 2005
land of the green chiles
*Should* is the issue here. Assuming you have a R1 brake this could be an issue. Some iterations of SRAM kits have too short adaptors, so they will initially thread into the bleed port at the lever, but before sealing tight bottom out on the clamp part of the R1. I needed to get a specific Formula bleed kit because of this. No issues on the caliper. But I have seen SRAM bleed kits that looked like mine work on Formula brakes. :confused:
So do you think that universal kit you linked would work for my Formula R1 set?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The older Sram bleed kit definitely didn't fit some Formula brakes. The threaded part had a large knurled lip - we had to turn that down for it to fit on a friends Formula One brake levers.

Like this...

The newer ones (or at least the ones that came in my pro bleed kit) don't have that lip and are longer, so should fit mostly anything...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Up early. Been reading (actually listening to) Dune as of late. It's been a while since I read it, and damn, it's a good book! Decided for sure that I'm going for the CFP. Have a call scheduled today to pay for the educational materials, as my company has an arrangement where I can save 10% on the materials, I just need to talk to a person at the provider vs. doing it online.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Some kids just need to learn about building secret trails....

Someone local dug a new trail and put it on Trailforks - which I stupidly approved for whatever reason on Tuesday. I sent the kid a message yesterday morning, mentioning to be careful what you post on Trailforks/Strava, as the local government/authorities/whoever watch for things and have posted signs in that particular forest (I used to build in it, which I guess is where the signs came from but they weirdly never removed my "features").

Welp, not even a few hours after sending him that message, the town went in and bulldozed his stuff.

I gave him a few tips of some other places to check out, but hopefully its a good lesson that some stuff should be kept in the dark. :)

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

I haven't even gotten out of bed yet and I already need a nap. Espresso time, I suspect.
"Euro-Trash Girl" by Cracker is a great song. "Called my mom on the pay phone, said I'm down to my last. She said I put you through college, so go call your dad."
"And the waitress that he married, then she hung up the phone"

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
The older Sram bleed kit definitely didn't fit some Formula brakes. The threaded part had a large knurled lip - we had to turn that down for it to fit on a friends Formula One brake levers.

Like this...

The newer ones (or at least the ones that came in my pro bleed kit) don't have that lip and are longer, so should fit mostly anything...

Yep, that seems to be the reason.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
So do you think that universal kit you linked would work for my Formula R1 set?
As @canadmos wrote, the curled lip is the problem. The universal bleed kit has a smaller lip that is farther away from the threaded part, so it should work. At least that is how my Formula kit looks like as well.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Yeah, tagged her by email, she reports OK, but no details.
Based on the pic and aircraft type, I gotta dollar says ground loop.

Hope your friend heals up, John.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
sup fam?

another day in the books, hopefully a short one then taco bell for lunch and maybe a couple rides this weekend. woody might even squire me about if I can get a day pass from the boss. Also, I am looking forward to a cold beer, or three.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
SURELY there is a better taco option for you. No?
No, not really. There are places that can make tasty burritos, but tacos are not a thing out here. Besides, tbell is a thing all on its own. Not really "good", but rather just a thing.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
60 or so days out and the lack of trump or biden lawn signs is stunning....