Quantcast

€☆₩¥ Insomnia Turdsday ¥₩☆€

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Salida likely has insufficient Thai food quality...
Can confirm.

Also...

...and certainly insufficient direct flights for my wife’s tastes...
:fancy:

That place is... adequate-ish for the 4-6 times a year (or less?) that Teh Spousal Unit and I would get take-away. But it would be better if A. this place were better and B. there was another option for Asian food in town. I do hear BV has a decent Chinese place.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
That place is... adequate-ish for the 4-6 times a year (or less?) that Teh Spousal Unit and I would get take-away. But it would be better if A. this place were better and B. there was another option for Asian food in town. I do hear BV has a decent Chinese place.
BV's Asian Palate is good. And we've always had good food from the Poncha joint... except for those morans that insisted on getting non-Thai meals (my youngest).

I mean, it's no Thai Plate (you bastid, @rideit), but I'd eat there again...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Great, now I'm hungry for a Bahn Mi.

And we've always had good food from the Poncha joint... except for those morans that insisted on getting non-Thai meals (my youngest).

I mean, it's no Thai Plate (you bastid, @rideit), but I'd eat there again...
Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad at all. Just not anything stand out or special. It's no Teton Thai.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
If you're ever in the "Opera Plaza" area of San Fran, drop by this place. My sister just flew out there for a robotics comp and I told her I'd disown her if she didn't get a sammy there.

What's the place we ate at in Jackson, connected to Melvin? Maybe?
Yes - Teton Thai is in the brewpub, IIRC. I prefer Thai Plate. Their tom yum soup is glorious.

Fuck - Jackson, WY has *two* good Thai places (maybe more?)... seems unfair.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I recall Jackson having two sake bars way back in 2006. Not surprised they’d get the good Thai shit, too.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
If you're ever in the "Opera Plaza" area of San Fran, drop by this place. My sister just flew out there for a robotics comp and I told her I'd disown her if she didn't get a sammy there.

Yes - Teton Thai is in the brewpub, IIRC. I prefer Thai Plate. Their tom yum soup is glorious.

Thai Me Up is the Thai place where Melvin got started. And yeah, there's like 3 or more Thai places in Jackson?

I think salida has more denverites on weekends that denver
Fun fact: Salida is on the Front Range.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad at all. Just not anything stand out or special. It's no Teton Thai.

I think I could have lived on the sandwiches from Num Pang in NYC. The original hole in the wall place near Union Square moved a couple of blocks, then became fancy and a chain of them.

Looks like there's a few but none near the original location now.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Welp, my son finally saved enough money for Lego set 75257. There is a Lego store about 20 minutes. Dude was so pumped. Went to shake shack for burgers afterwards.