Quantcast

\<€]*^,!{£* I want to get my ridemonkey a Tuesday GMT £¥£¥•¥+=•¥+£€

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Good day gentlemen and lady!!!! Just ate a breakfast burrito. Didn’t wash the car yesterday so I’m gunna do that and pack for San Diego.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Just talked with the recruiter who set up last Thursday's interview, sounds like I'm the frontrunner and they have 1 more interview to do. Mid call he got an email from their HR saying the final interview was cancelled, hopefully that means an offer will materialize here shortly.

Trying not to jinx it by looking up dumb shit to buy with the pay bump I'd be getting, but rest assured, I'll be buying some dumb shit if it all works out. Anybody have a source for a rack of moose antlers?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
rough night but things going ok for kiddo today; got up and walked around a bunch; less fluid coming out of stomach. fingers crossed they can do the test to see if his repair is holding tomorrow.

other than that, will run home in a bit to check on pets and big bro. bro in law coming tomorrow from asheville to hang for a bit; mother in law coming from durham this weekend.

dual authentication for work pc won't work with hospital wifi, which is annoying. hrmf. so stuck just answering emails from phone and not being able to actually work on anything.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
rough night but things going ok for kiddo today; got up and walked around a bunch; less fluid coming out of stomach. fingers crossed they can do the test to see if his repair is holding tomorrow.

other than that, will run home in a bit to check on pets and big bro. bro in law coming tomorrow from asheville to hang for a bit; mother in law coming from durham this weekend.

dual authentication for work pc won't work with hospital wifi, which is annoying. hrmf. so stuck just answering emails from phone and not being able to actually work on anything.
Damn, had to do a little catching up to figure out what happened. Hopefully the repair holds up, and and recovery goes well.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Boss: "you know, I was already busy as hell, but your comments yesterday did a great job of making me busier."

Me: "was is because what I said identified how transparent sr. mgmt being in a veiled manner, [internal details] ?"

Boss: "you're just making my life difficult right now."

Me: "glad I could help" ;)

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
All this talk of job hopping but yet no talk of FUNemployment road trips.

I has the sadz, I used to respect you poo flingers, it's like I don't know you any more...

Anybody have a source for a rack of moose antlers?

I [cough, cough] know a guy.

Would you like those with or without the artisanal urine of a (nearly) gored Yellowstone tourist?

#NoJinx as I plan on floating this week

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
"Sectoral Ass Tracker" sounds like something @Toshi has to read at work.
Did you miss the photo illustration earlier?

Ed: Also, the Subaru is tracking nicely on local roads after the alignment. Feels nice and precise with the new ball joints and strut mounts. Tomorrow on the freeway, we'll see how it fares at speed and under braking. I still suspect the rotors could do with a skim.

Last edited:

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Remember, they're more scared of you than you are of them.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Remember, they're more scared of you than you are of them.
I chased a young cat down The Crack in Pacifica then had to wait almost 5min for my slow ass friend to catch up. I'm pretty sure my wait to not be mauled by mom had me pretty scared.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Sad to hear that a well known rider in Bromont died yesterday while teaching some teenage kids. :(

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Meeting a mountain lion close up is intense. I was damn glad my 95 pound Bouvier was in the yard with me. I was taking my bike off the roof rack at twilight at our house up on the ridgeline of the Santa Cruz Mts. I had my back to the road. The Bouvier ran past me with the most intense bark and the 60 pound Aussie ran to my side. I spun around and there was my Bouvier faced off against a mature lion (100 pounds plus). The lion was on the road some 40 feet from me and the Bouvier was midway between us. The cat was growling and walking sideways away from me and the Bouvier moved sideways keeping herself between me and the cat the aussie stood in front of me watching the two of them. The cat disappeared into the darkness but the Bouvier stayed tracking it with her hearing. I heard other dogs along the ridge go off as the cat kept on going. A few weeks later we found a deer killed by the cat some 200 yards away from the house . Mountain living, they were here first

on edit This is my Bouvier, Annie and Aussie Jake
Resized_P1050142_787359308041520.jpeg

Last edited:

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I guess I should have quoted sixth Element, but I figured that was implied. Guess not.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
todays score is a road wheelset with a Dt 240 front and power tap rear hub for $100. Pretty decent setup and will let me finish the build and sell off my old tri bike. neat