Quantcast

€uro Drive Day Tuesday ¥

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Made it to mil at a little over 2am this morning. We left Spain at 8am so we made the trip in 18 hours thanks to unlimited speed in German despite unlimited roadwork. That’s 1228 miles so 68 miles or hour average including breaks :wacko: I have turned into @stoney.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
WHAT'S UP THERE, JOHNNY INTERNET! I rode twice yesterday....one hour on the KICKR during work hours, then 19 miles outside on the tri bike after work. The weather looks like shit today so I'll probably do two more hours on the KICKR, roffles.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Two windows installed the basement yesterday @ 54 fasteners each. That's a lotta fasteners for 1 window. At least they don't leak like this damn French door that I need to warranty; I'll burn the place down if they tell me they can't warranty unless I uninstall the entire door assembly and return it.

Btw, with all the rain we've been getting the God damn mosquitoes are a menace this year. You can't even go outside without being accosted by a swarm. :rant:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hallo ppls

70 Freedoms already on my spin in to work. reading inpatient CT/MR/US today.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hello frens!

Washed my bikes yesterday...the roadie was filthy. Drenched in sweat, looks like my Ali cages took the brunt of it and may be a little worse for wear. Oh well, I paid like $6. Degreased the awful chain and ring and re-lubed with some nice new lube. God I love that bike. New rear tire too, after a gash tore through till I could see the tube.

Mountain bike got soap and fresh lube as well. MFest got me thinking about riding more, I guess that's a good thing. Also got me thinking about slapping on a front derailleur and a pair of rings. I like 1x, but having the equivalent of a 52t without running one sounds pretty goo.d

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Made it to mil at a little over 2am this morning. We left Spain at 8am so we made the trip in 18 hours thanks to unlimited speed in German despite unlimited roadwork. That’s 1228 miles so 68 miles or hour average including breaks :wacko: I have turned into @stoney.
Soooo, are you one of those Danes that blast through roadwork sites with 120 when 80 km/h is allowed that I see all the time when driving? :brow:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
my work is hosting a "puppy yoga" event. they have put up flyers. i think it would be funny to make a fake lookalike poster for "poopy yoga" hosted by GG Allin

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Fever broke. I hit 99.9 last night. this morning I am at my normal of 97.3 nose is still plugged, lover back is sore but once I hucked up a batch of lung butter my breathing is easy. 5 shots of Pfizer over the past 3 years seems to have been worth it

I'm still going to stay home and Isolate in the camper for a few more days

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Fever broke. I hit 99.9 last night. this morning I am at my normal of 97.3 nose is still plugged, lover back is sore but once I hucked up a batch of lung butter my breathing is easy. 5 shots of Pfizer over the past 3 years seems to have been worth it

I'm still going to stay home and Isolate in the camper for a few more days
Call your doc. At your age you probably should take a course of Paxlovid.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Vacation was good, I got minimal done and that's ok. A gal is coming over because she seems to think for $100 she can make Hank not be a spaz, so that should be interesting. The truck is still parked in front of a stall, so I'm not sure where they are at with it. It's literally a days worth of work, so not sure what's taken 4 days.

Holy hell I have meetings today. We just hired our first project manager, so work might actually get organized. If he doesn't quit after 3 months. :rofl:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Never lift.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Think I got a sick from one of the last family member stops and/or minimal sleep from last 2 weeks still not being caught up on.

The Jeep 4xe has been dandy. I haven't had to buy gas yet and the place we're staying has a charger. Gas is $5/g+ and electricity is about 50%, so cheaper and cleaner, FTMFW.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
The Jeep 4xe has been dandy. I haven't had to buy gas yet and the place we're staying has a charger. Gas is $5/g+ and electricity is about 50%, so cheaper and cleaner, FTMFW.
Drives better than the gas only version, I'm guessing. The Wrangler 4xe has a pancake motor with a normal transmission, iirc. The two motor hybrids (TRW design, popularized by Toyota, Ford, and also on my PHEV minivan) drive even smoother yet with bigger motors and the built in gear reduction via that magic second motor on the same gearset.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Here. Think I got a sick from one of the last family member stops and/or minimal sleep from last 2 weeks still not being caught up on.

chances are non renewable source....

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Because I'm a weirdo, and the idea of being able to drop the equivalent of 6 gears with one shift is appealing, plus increased range and better suspension performance in both the lower and higher gears. I've never quite had the "death by front derailleur" that other folks regularly experience every time they look at one.
oh, I get why. but what does "having the equivalent of a 52t without running one" mean

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
oh, I get why. but what does "having the equivalent of a 52t without running one" mean
Oh, my bike is on 11 speed (10-42). I'd have to get a new cassette, chain, shifter and probably ring to do 12 speed. Having a slightly lower low gear than I have would be nice.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
chances are non renewable source....

a BEV running off of a grid that's 50% NGCC power plants is cleaner than the comparable gas car.

4xe.PNG

the astute reader will note that the Wrangler gas version does not get anywhere near 28 mpg combined. QED

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Because I'm a weirdo, and the idea of being able to drop the equivalent of 6 gears with one shift is appealing, plus increased range and better suspension performance in both the lower and higher gears. I've never quite had the "death by front derailleur" that other folks regularly experience every time they look at one.
Front derailleur is more like dropping two cogs.

@Toshi I believe he means having equivalent gear range without needing a pie plate cassette.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Oh, my bike is on 11 speed (10-42). I'd have to get a new cassette, chain, shifter and probably ring to do 12 speed. Having a slightly lower low gear than I have would be nice.
oh, 52 cog on the cassette

I was parsing that as somehow the dual rings would make for a 52t chainring equivalent... without having one. which is confusing as you might guess