Quantcast

™™™ Tuesday ™™™

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Back to the grind. Smoked a tri-tip this weekend that was as good as the farts were bad. And it was pretty damn good.

House projects back in full swing. Back of the house has siding for the first time in almost a year. Now time to bring in 20 yards of fill to grade and erect a swingset.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I should ride a bicycle today.
Watcha gonna hit ? If you want kind of easy but a little longer than 2-3 hours (5ish) park at Rice Pinnacle in Bent Creek, ride trails there towards the Parkway and into the Trace Ridge area. You can ride Trace (chunky) or Spencer down. Then it’s an easy gravel climb back up to the parkway and into Bent Creek again.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Watcha gonna hit ? If you want kind of easy but a little longer than 2-3 hours (5ish) park at Rice Pinnacle in Bent Creek, ride trails there towards the Parkway and into the Trace Ridge area. You can ride Trace (chunky) or Spencer down. Then it’s an easy gravel climb back up to the parkway and into Bent Creek again.
We can ride into Dupont from where we're staying or I was considering a small Spencer/Fletcher loop. Not looking to go big or hard after this past Sunday and we have another race on Saturday to recover for.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hey gang
How are you?

Had a nice weekend in upstate new york. No bikes, but did a nice run that turned into a longer run after a wrong turn. Came home and did a couple of laps on the TT bike with a few adjustments like actually tightening the saddle mount and further derailleur adjustments. Shifting is better but still not 100%, so I took advantage of a labor day sale to seal the deal on 12 speed.

That's all I got, have a good day.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HEY. I swam 2500 yards this morning and was kind of dragging ass. I got through it though. It's going to be a long work day but I don't mind so much when it's a WFH day. I'll pedal the KICKR when I can find an hour for it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hallo ppls

WFH today

wife feeling unwell and called off from work so I will shuttle the big girls to school instead of e-cargoing in Baby Aya

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Force/Red or random Chinesium?
In typical sandwich fashion, its a mashup/total disaster. My wheels won’t take XDR, so it’s a campy cassette and freehub with sram force or rival derailleur and wireless blips on the bars. Nothing comes close to axs yet, but you still need 12s which is tough

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Up at 5am because why not? Little people getting ready for school rocking out hard to Sing 2 soundtrack. Work then K1 this evening for League. I've decided that we're done going to K1 outside of league, since it is messing with her driving (throttle/braking/acceleration timing).

Happy Birthday @jebfour!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
gaggia needs some work, so no morning espresso today. will tend to that tonight, but in the time being i'm stuck drinking crap coffee from work :dead:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i think there are more homeless in gastonia than asheville...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Real homeless, or Gutter Punks ?
to be honest....driving around asheville sunday afternoon near the grey eagle.....none....driving back up to the highwzy thru asheville around midnight....none....maybe they hang by the river....

asheville gutter punks smell worse than the homeless....experienced a coc show in asheville before....fresh air was in low supply

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
to be honest....driving around asheville sunday afternoon near the grey eagle.....none....driving back up to the highwzy thru asheville around midnight....none....maybe they hang by the river....

asheville gutter punks smell worse than the homeless....experienced a coc show in asheville before....fresh air was in low supply
A hostel manager near Erwin, TN who has lived in Asheville since the 70s told me a story about the two worst smelling hikers she had ever picked up. I asked if they smelled as bad as an Asheville Gutter Punk and she said,”oh lord yes, worse, I made them go straight to the shower before doing anything else.” That’s quite an accomplishment to out stink the gold standard of body odor.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

A hostel manager near Erwin, TN who has lived in Asheville since the 70s told me a story about the two worst smelling hikers she had ever picked up. I asked if they smelled as bad as an Asheville Gutter Punk and sh said,”oh lord yes, worse, I made them go straight to the shower before doing anything else.” That’s quite an accomplishment to out stink the gold standard of body odor.
nothing smells worse than a crust punk show at the height of summer in a small venue with no airflow.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Dupont'ed.

Just what we needed. Fast fun sections, with occasional chunky bits to make us work for it.

Fun riding there as always.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
*I would like to complain that my ankles seem to have fed the chigger population, probably in Virginia...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Gonna go see my PT about some possible thumb/finger tendonitis. The “repetitive motion injury” jokes write themselves, sadly.

(I actually think poor dropper post lever ergonomics are mostly to blame).

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
going to see the brian jonestown massacre while on vacation at the elm in brozeman...