Quantcast

ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ Get the coffee from the van Saturday ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Wife and I just snagged a bunch of free vinyls from someone giving them away. Grabbed The Beatles, John Denver, Elton John, Meatloaf, The Allman Brothers, Fleetwood Mac, and a few others.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
It’s a trap. First this next you’re buying a 100 lb slate slab to put your turntable and tube amp on to isolate them from vibration

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Sadly, none of these are near me. Maybe you were talking to @SkaredShtles ?

They are, for sure. But they're also really sweet dogs. They get along with our chihuahua mixes really well, and play gentle with them. It's kinda rare that our dogs "like" (i.e. are not scared of) a bigger dog so it's a win.
i love chihuahua's....

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
well that was cool. Ruth is at an international level Dressage Competition in Southern Calif. They are live Streaming. I was able to watch her ride this morning. She did well for her first time competing at a new harder level in front of International 4 and 5 star judges.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Love it when the Spotify gods play good music. First snow blowing of the year, I got:
Bob Mould
Stray Cats
Rev Horton Heat
the Replacements
Social D.
However, a Sarah McLachlan dirge came on just as I was finishing...NTTIAWWT

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Good day in the books. Procured good beer, narrowly escaped a fender bender with a fucking asshole who decided to change to my lane without looking, grilled a steak, rode on nasty rawks with my buddy and did not die, now consuming moar beer with steak leftovers. Bread I baked yesterday is my best yet, so good.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Evening Monkeys.

Been shopping for a golf cart and it turns out that is an item that has become more valuable during the pandemic. Thanks COVID.

There is a very ghetto one a town over that I will check out on Tuesday when homeboy returns from hunting. Ghetto would be ideal as I am cheap and will want to add my own "flair" to such a sweet ride.

#oldmantoys

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
That sounds like a good one for me to break in Zwift with in a week or two. Kinda rolling?
You gonna go Zwift? I think @6thElement is on Rouvy which is what I’m gonna check out. But who knows.
When we got our trainers back in March lockdown, Rouvy was free. They started charging back in October so wife and I got 6 months for $60ish for both of us to get through the winter. We liked Rouvy as it's riding to video of the course, she wasn't interested in the virtual courses/racing aspect that is most of Zwifts focus. I think Zwift would also be $30/month for both of us, a lot more than we pay for Rouvy.

We invented a 50 state challenge, we're up to Maine, ridden today, Maryland next. Once we get through our 50 states we'll be back to hitting the famous climbs from the grand tours in europe and random rides around the world.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
When we got our trainers back in March lockdown, Rouvy was free. They started charging back in October so wife and I got 6 months for $60ish for both of us to get through the winter. We liked Rouvy as it's riding to video of the course, she wasn't interested in the virtual courses/racing aspect that is most of Zwifts focus. I think Zwift would also be $30/month for both of us, a lot more than we pay for Rouvy.

We invented a 50 state challenge, we're up to Maine, ridden today, Maryland next. Once we get through our 50 states we'll be back to hitting the famous climbs from the grand tours in europe and random rides around the world.
I like the idea of Rouvy but in application it just didn't work that well. Resistance control was garbage and screen updates were slow enough that it was more like a slideshow.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I like the idea of Rouvy but in application it just didn't work that well. Resistance control was garbage and screen updates were slow enough that it was more like a slideshow.
Haven't had any issues with the resistance control or video on the good ride data/video combos - but it's all dependent upon the quality of the uploaded user video/gps data. They can definitely vary between terrible and great.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fairly certain I just saw a flying squirrel
We saw a few earlier this year on a night ride. Had no idea they were a thing around.

Dumb as fuck, though. Would have run one of them over on my bike if I wasn't paying attention. Buddy just didn't care and stayed in the middle of the trail.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Fairly certain I just saw a flying squirrel
I used to have some that lived in a dead oak tree in my backyard. Sadly I had to take the tree down in prep for a hurricane as it was probably going to end up in my neighbors living room. Still saw them after that so I assume they found a new joint.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
pretty sure you can also tell if they're around by if the nuts nearby are eaten off at just the top rather than the sides
TIL

https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/DEEP/wildlife/pdf_files/outreach/Kids-Pages/FlyingSquirrelKidsPage.pdf
Look for nuts (acorns and hickory nuts) with one smooth-edged opening in the shell and the nut meat gone. That’s the way flying squirrels open the nuts they eat. Other squirrels and chipmunks break the nuts into many pieces to get at the nut meat.
Why waste time breaking apart an entire nut, when a small hole will do? Unlike other squirrels, flying squirrels will gnaw a small hole in a nut or acorn and use that to extract the food inside. Other squirrels break open the entire shell.