Quantcast

↓↓↓ Monday again GMT ↓↓↓

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Morning!

Threw in the towel yesterday and ordered some stuff to rebuild my wheels. Until then, I suppose I'll be on the soon-to-be SS hardtail.

In other news, might have to buy a new fishing pole/reel as mine is MIA. Let's see if I still remember how to baitcast.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
ONLY 1 hour of zoom today. Fuck me sideways this is a cause for celebration.

Also am I the only one who has a really fucked up sleep right now?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Alleged return to "work" from Spanish training today. (Acabo de terminarlo!) We'll see what that's actually like. Mostly I'll be puttering around telephonically and bureaucratically getting ready for my alleged move. Got meetings to have and logistics to arrange, plus keeping the español exercised.

Also found I killed two spark plugs in JBP's bike by misreading the gap specs. At least I found out why the performance suddenly took a dive. On the plus side, I think I finally found the right balance between the carburetors. Just need to finish with the front brake, and I think I'm gonna put on a set of handlebars with a little less sweep to see how they feel. Odd part is needing to drill tiny holes in the bar to tap for screws on the horn/headlight switch. (Or buy a clamp-on repop.) I think I can fit some garage time in my daily routine. I'd like to take a longer test ride on Wednesday.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
ONLY 1 hour of zoom today. Fuck me sideways this is a cause for celebration.

Also am I the only one who has a really fucked up sleep right now?
yes! I just ended my 5+ hours a day of videoconference and I don't know wtf to do with myself. So glad about that.

My sleep has been terrible...wake up 3-4, try to get back to sleep, only do so right before I need to be up/get woken up by things going on around 6-6:30. Ugh.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
yes! I just ended my 5+ hours a day of videoconference and I don't know wtf to do with myself. So glad about that.

My sleep has been terrible...wake up 3-4, try to get back to sleep, only do so right before I need to be up/get woken up by things going on around 6-6:30. Ugh.
Fortunately I'm only at 3h/day but I also got more work since people can't solve some problems by walking to someone and higher management has more time to think plus some of the teams are overworked which results in constant pushbacks. So yay.

As for sleeping bad - I don't wake up for long but I have multiple tiny breaks. Even my cats notice as today one woke me up at 7am by gnawing on my ear.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I didn't feel like going for my daily run at the asscrack of dawn this morning, so I'll tackle that in the next hour or two before the rain stops and people go outside. Speaking of meetings, I have NOTHING on my calendar today! Praise Jeebus! Well, except for a 4:00 interview. :happydance:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Drove by the Costco down the street from my work this morning, which already had a long ass line before 8am and a bunch of news trucks sitting outside. Looks like a bunch of their employees tested positive... Not sure I'd be shopping there after that...

Anyways... the forest with trails closest to my house has reopened. Might go check it out tonight, weather is looking nice.

Things are starting to get going at work again. Lots of people coming back in in preps of starting production.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Drove by the Costco down the street from my work this morning, which already had a long ass line before 8am and a bunch of news trucks sitting outside. Looks like a bunch of their employees tested positive... Not sure I'd be shopping there after that...

Anyways... the forest with trails closest to my house has reopened. Might go check it out tonight, weather is looking nice.

Things are starting to get going at work again. Lots of people coming back in in preps of starting production.
we've been going to a different costco (the few times we've had to) in a less populated area. about the same distance just in the opposite direction.

Alleged return to "work" from Spanish training today. (Acabo de terminarlo!) We'll see what that's actually like. Mostly I'll be puttering around telephonically and bureaucratically getting ready for my alleged move. Got meetings to have and logistics to arrange, plus keeping the español exercised.

Also found I killed two spark plugs in JBP's bike by misreading the gap specs. At least I found out why the performance suddenly took a dive. On the plus side, I think I finally found the right balance between the carburetors. Just need to finish with the front brake, and I think I'm gonna put on a set of handlebars with a little less sweep to see how they feel. Odd part is needing to drill tiny holes in the bar to tap for screws on the horn/headlight switch. (Or buy a clamp-on repop.) I think I can fit some garage time in my daily routine. I'd like to take a longer test ride on Wednesday.
Tiny Whitworth holes...

:wave:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Coffee & easy stretching done.
Gonna make some breakfast and get to work.

Got a real good puncture in my rear tire yesterday. Aggressor, DD casing. Have to try to boot/plug it later.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Putting that tiny cast iron skillet to use, eh?

This is the last week of work for us on our skeleton crew/half time schedule. I work Monday and Tuesday.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
such a fun morning. First transport, difficulty breathing, next two coughing. lots of PPE used and clorox spray of the rig afterwards. Coffee break then back at it. Really appreciated my P100 Niosh respirator vs a std n95 mask this morning

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Fun realization today. Thanks to my ADHD I assume every mistake that comes from little attention to detail is mine. I have probably taken the blame for stuff that wasn't my fault at our company simply because I assume it was me. FML.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
sup peen breathes.
crohns has been on 10 the plast couple weeks but feel great otherwise. Its super frustrating because Ive made some pretty big lifestyle shifts in the past 6 months. At least I can still get outside & move my body.

Running to the pharmacy later. I wonder if my battery is dead in the truck?

I have a new mandolin on the way. yee haw

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
also I am glad someone else's glass cook top looks as abused as mine lol
it came with the house and we don't have natural gas. not my favorite by i make do. also i boiled over a pot while making couscous last night and didn't get around to thoroughly cleaning it yet.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Had another socially distanced street party yesterday. All the kids are losing their wheels privileged for the week because we watched them blow through the stop sign multiple times without slowing down or looking.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Tiny Whitworth holes...

:wave:
Well the good part is I don't need to drill them Whitworth. I fretted about the size till someone on the Norton board pointed that out to me. I have a tiny drill,tap, and screws from another project I'll try. Or maybe get a clamp-on repop if that fails.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Polysyllabic words are an important learning milestone, he should be proud.
If you donate to his campaign he'll send you an autographed teleprompter card.

1588009091728.png