Quantcast

↓↓↓ Monday again GMT ↓↓↓

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
What are Trump bucks ? And how do you get more than one check ?
Ill have to check that out. Sounds better than still going to work just to be accounted for. Id rather do that over trying to find "busy work" to fill my day
You don't pay any of this back in taxes. UI (unemployment Insurance) benefits are something that businesses pay into if I understand it correctly. Specifically businesses that lay off or fire people who then qualify for the benefit. Individuals pay into Social Security for themselves at a later date, businesses pay into UI. They're used for different scenarios of course, but no there's no paying anything back. This is the second time I've had to use UI.
@Full Trucker verifies everything I've read this evening. The airline is offering to cover medical and dental while I'm "away", which is the only reason I'm considering it, given my medical history. As I understand it, unemployment is taxed as income, so you do have the usual tax burden at the end of the year, but you do not have to "pay it back". This is litterally why you and (some) businesses pay taxes.

Plus, some night shift kid who got part timed will get to come back to full time, and least until we lay him off come September.

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Unemployment in CA means 60% of your net is what they pay you and you get taxed on that amount
It’s something like in Colorado as well, but with a max cap. And here you can choose to not have state or fed taxes withheld, but you’d have to settle up come tax time. I’m having tears withheld, just like any other income.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Looks like I may be able to self isolate in the wilderness starting next week.

Decided to sell my Yeti SB5 and took if for one last ride. It was a blast, very different than my other newer bikes and decided n-1 is not progress.